Skills: Process Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of RFO Process Analyst/Routine Duty Coordinator located in El Segundo, CA California/United States.
The RFO Process Analyst/Routine Duty Coordinator position is an operations support role covering the administration and maintenance of all electronic routine tasks in the El Segundo Refinery (CARD/IntelaTrac/Stewardship Activities). Additional responsibilities will be to participate in division audits and any manufacturing wide project teams related to the subject. The coordinator will also have a shared role in maintaining the Refinery 4gas program.
This position will report to the El Segundo Reliability Focused Operations Team.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
Routine Duty Coordination:
- Maintain El Segundo's thousands of operations routine duties and outside rounds.
- Analyze field entry requests of Add, Change or Deletions.
- Coordinate with Division management for approvals/modifications/removal of scheduled tasks. Maintain ACIG Drain compliance monitoring -(BWON) changes and schedules to remain in compliance.
- Interface with Mobile Device Coordinator for changes to field rounds and adjustments to IntelaTrac software.
- Work with CARD SME's and DBA for modifications to tool as needed. Produce weekly metrics and reports on health of the overall program.
- Facilitation of Stewardship Activities initiative at El Segundo
- Preform add/change/deactivate for role access and for activity modifications.
- Verify standardizations across similar roles.
- First level support for system issues.
- Write up requirements for changes to system functionality.
- User acceptance testing for any system modifications.
- Interact with a diverse group of employees, including CIS contractors and the manufacturing IT Organization.
4 Gas Program:
- Comanage 4Gas field hardware, collect non-working or malfunctioning devices and ship to vendors for maintenance as needed.
- Manage changeout of O2 sensors
- Handle spare inventory and replace equipment and accessories as needed.
- Receive reports from the vendors reporting system identifying issues and make necessary adjustments.
- Order new hardware, track spare inventory and interface with Impact Team with Turnarounds
- Verify proper equipment set-up at field locations
- Work with the distributor to effectively manage calibration gas inventory.
- Oversee Storehouse personnel on the check in, distribution and return of spent cylinders.
- Manage aging of gas bottle inventory
- Investigate and recommend bump station removal of lightly used/over deployed stations
- Understanding of the Operations areas, divisions and roles in the El Segundo Refinery.
- Capable of effective communication to user audiences regarding technical and customer related issues (Written, Verbal, Project updates, One-on-One, Group settings).
- Understand and demonstrate capability and skills to evaluate and validate all requests for addition, modification and deletion of refinery routine duties.
- Demonstrate Technical understanding of basic software/database concepts and troubleshooting skills.
- Train and understand the 4 gas system, software and device management.
- Possess and maintain a valid California driver's license.
- Capable of entry into live process areas and operating units.
- Must be willing to cross train with other RFO processes to provide assistance and occasional backup or combined group work when needed.
- Will need to be available to work adjusted hours or respond to call out situations (weekend days/holidays) should abnormal conditions require.
- Demonstrated Ability to work with others and convey knowledge of RFO processes.
- Be a visible leader by being a role model for The Chevron Way, Tenants of Operation and the ES Refinery Guiding Principles.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.