Skills: Marine Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Marine Engineer working within the International and Deepwater Projects group responsible for all marine engineering and project support related to specific Gulf of Mexico assets. The successful candidate will serve as the lead marine engineer for multiple deepwater facilities. The Marine Engineer will provide day-to-day engineering support for the assigned facilities, project engineering for development and execution of subsea tiebacks and other brownfield project activities. Finally, the successful candidate will support development of deepwater projects in in the Gulf of Mexico and various international basins, from concept evaluation to project execution, inclusive of outside-operated properties. Anadarko defines Marine Engineering as any engineering associated with Floating structures (Hulls), Moorings, Risers, Life Extension and Decommissioning. This position is located in Anadarko's Corporate Headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in marine floating system projects, from concept evaluation to execution.
- Understanding of current ABS, USCG, and BSEE requirements for the design, operation, and installation of offshore floating facilities, inclusive of hull, mooring and riser systems.
- Experience with concept selection, design, fabrication, and installation of offshore floating production facilities as part of overall field development, with an emphasis on hulls and moorings, and risers.
- Have knowledge and understanding of different floating facility hull types as well as their design drivers and operability.
- Specific experience and knowledge of Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs) is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage interfaces with multiple groups of engineering and construction contractors to develop and execute scopes of work for newbuilds, brownfield construction and remediation, life extension and decommissioning projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects from concept through commissioning.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural environments.
- Support development of marine engineering and operating practices for the assigned deepwater facilities.
- Ensure the safe and timely delivery of assigned projects within cost and schedule, either directly or indirectly through an integrated partnership approach.
- Manage and/or support conceptual studies and FEED engineering efforts to define projects and to develop accurate cost and schedule estimates as needed to sanction the project with all required stakeholders
- Manage and/or support the preparation of a project execution plan and all foundational documents and procedures needed to successfully execute the project
- Identification of critical activities for successful project execution
- Utilization of cost control systems for estimating total project costs and tracking these expenditures during execution
- Ability to develop relationships with contractors and partners to enable strong project deliveries and effective problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task and work concurrent projects to support marine operations as well as brownfield projects and subsea tiebacks
- Leadership for top tier HSE performance
- Ability to assess and manage risks associated with project development and production operations
- Communicate project performance to stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer is preferred
- Must be willing to travel and able to work effectively with people from diverse cultures
Bachelor of Science in Engineering required. Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Marine Systems, etc.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
This position may be eligible for relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position, to include offshore facilities, is 10 - 20%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.