Skills: Document Control
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com ?
Wood is currently recruiting for a Document Specialist in the oil and gas industry. This role will be located in Midland, TX
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Experience: Bachelor's degree in technical or engineering disciplines desired
- 5-10 years industry working experience in areas of operations and/or project technical support, including working experience with document management, and IT systems and tools
- Advanced level proficiency in Information Management skill area
- Understanding of information and documentation needs and uses in operating oil and gas facilities
- Experience in a Production, Refining or Chemicals operations technical support organization
- Strong skills for communicating and interacting with teams.
- The Details:
- This contract position is located onsite in Midland, TX USA.
- Long Term Role!
- M-F 8am-5pm!!
- Coordinate between the Project Team (PT) and Operations to define the documentation and information to be handed over to support operations planning, start-up preparations, and ultimate operations, including formats and characteristics of the information management systems and tools.
- Develop Documents for Operations (DFO) Strategy; interfacing with stakeholders on requirements and delivery.
- Ensure Contractor and Supplier documentation and information deliverables meet contract requirements for handover to Operations.
DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS
- Coordinate communications and efforts between the PT and Operations to plan and execute Documents for Operations schedule and processes to meet Company Specifications
- Ensure Company requirements for DFO are understood by the PT and its Contractors and Suppliers
- Interface with Project Team members to support identification of start-up, integrity critical and ready for Operations deliverables
- Plan and conduct DFO workshops, refresher training sessions and roll DFO expectations and requirements to PT and its Contractors as necessary
- Provide guidance, and Facilitate resolution of DFO queries and deviations
- Monitor the PT progress of the review of DFO deliverables, turnover from the contractor to the PT, and handover to operations, report the status of DFO review to handover cycle for tracking purposes
- Identify Gaps and provide resolutions.
- Report deficiencies to Information Management Lead
- Transmit Early Deliverable / Final Deliverable information packages to Operations
- Proactively bring to the attention of the Project Information Management Lead any issues that could potentially impact final documentation quality, cost or schedule
- Determine the frequency and perform DFO internal audits within the PT and external audits of Contractor and Sub-Contractor teams, and ensure resolution of issues raised
- Ensure adequate performance measurements are implemented to support DFO progress and reporting.
- Ensure all final DFO drawings, documents, and their associated attributes are progressively loaded into Company Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) (UDocs)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.