Skills: Secretarial or Administrative, Logistics Management, Materials Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Haifa, Haifa District, Israel
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Import - Export Specialist is responsible for providing import/export process efficiency and work jointly with logistics distribution services groups to ensure that the movements of goods in and out is done in compliance with customs regulations while aiming to improve on-time delivery of goods to the Product Lines.
Successful candidates are able to demonstrate leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard.
• Responsible for updating Import and export systems as needed including data and document storage where necessary.
• Responsible for analyzing customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce cost of imports and exports.
• Responsible and accountable for performance factors related to SLA in the country.
• Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performance are monitored targeting lead time and cost reductions.
• Liaise with customs and local authorities for daily operational issues.
• Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied in to all incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention systems.
• Manage daily customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standard.
• Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organization in the country.
• Attend local import and export training programs with local authorities focusing to improve knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor or Masters' Degree in related fields of Supply Chain / Engineering / Manufacturing or Business Administration.
• Minimum 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
• Ability to think strategically, analyze large amount of data and information objectively, and make quick decisions.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Power Point
• Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills
• Understanding of general logistics processes / local logistics rules and regulations
• Proficiency / working knowledge of TMS preferred, but not required
• Working style / other skillsets:
- Work independently
- Prepare and maintain routine records
- Work under pressure
- Maintain good working relationships with supervisors and peers
- Collaborate with various teams and organizations
• Commitment to service quality and process improvement
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.