Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil is seeking to fill an Adv. IT O365 Specialist position. This role will be a member of the O365 Center of Excellence team providing primary support, administration, and maintenance to the company's messaging environment. In addition, they will provide secondary support to other MRO approved MSFT O365 offerings. Further, this position will partner with internal clients and teams to provide innovative solutions by leveraging automation and cloud technologies.
- Proactively supports Office 365 and related technologies including but not limited to, Exchange Online, Skype for Business, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Azure AD Connect, O365 Licensing, Teams and OneDrive for Business.
- Maintain documentation related to Office365 Cloud and on Premise activities/process.
- Participates in compliance and security reviews as necessary including working closely with internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the Office 365/Exchange architecture.
- Exchange on-Premise
- Administer Microsoft Exchange 2016 in a high-availability Hybrid environment that spans multiple geographically dispersed datacenters.
- Maintain Exchange servers, systems and processes, including monitoring of system health to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Practical knowledge of SMTP routing, Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, Mail Routing, Exchange and SMTP Troubleshooting and Patch Management.
- Provide secondary support (tier 2 & 3) for Skype for Business environment.
- Assist O365 Team with developing MS Teams as an Enterprise Supported application.
- Adhering to and enforcing all Client standards for Office 365 applications.
- Educate employees around collaboration policy and best practices.
- Provides end-to-end root cause analysis and assistance for issues related to Exchange and Office 365.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Execute and support IT cloud strategy to enable greater agility with fulfillment of infrastructure services.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Automate Exchange and O365 tasks.
- PowerShell expertise required.
- Associate's degree in IT related field or relevant experience. Bachelor's preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 preferred.
- At least three (3) years performing duties similar to those listed in the Responsibilities section above.
- Experience working in an oil and gas setting is preferred.
- Effectively work in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to direct resources across multiple disciplines.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Experience managing both internal and external resources.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Exchange Client access via AirWatch preferred.
- Working knowledge of OpenText RightFax 10.5 preferred.
- Experience working with Proof Point preferred.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 29828 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.