Skills: Project Controls
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Project Controls Specialist Job Description
The Facilities Project Controls specialist will report to the VP of Special Projects. Primary responsibilities will be to support the real-estate Facilities & Leasing Team with project coordination and tracking. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for maintaining project controls for multiple projects within the existing Houston office and US based field office locations. The position will also support the VP of Special Projects for overall budget and schedule management. The individual must be forward-thinking, willing to adopt new technologies, possess strong communication skills, be able to work collaboratively as a key team member, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. They will be accountable, collaborative, and demonstrate enthusiasm for implementing ideas in a team environment.
Assists with the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of multiple projects of varying type, size, complexity and level of risk. Regularly interfaces with project leads and managers.
- Collaborate with IT to customize project tracking system, manage initial set up of system users and maintain proper ongoing operation
- Train users to properly use system to review projects and/or update their schedules.
- Gather project details, input into tracking system, maintain project tools
- Work with project leads to develop and maintain project specific requirements (i.e.: Charter, meeting minutes, schedule updates, cost estimates, RACI chart, performance tracking, risk management, close-out, etc.)
- Processes documentation for project commitments (i.e. agreements, contracts, work authorizations, purchase orders).
- Work with GSC and Accounting to verify invoices are coded properly and processed on schedule
- Review project status with management regularly to communicate changes and issues.
- Work with project team and customers to gather final project reports, recommendations, lessons learned, and stakeholder/customer satisfaction.
- Maintains real estate portfolio database of floor plans and historical data.
- Use problem solving skills to improve processes and customer satisfaction. Identifies ways to enhance value to the department and able to present ideas, opportunities and solutions to management in an effective manner.
- Effective communication, time management, problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Financial acumen in understanding budgets, construction pay applications, change orders, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint and Microsoft Project
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is preferred or relevant administrative experience.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate Functions || Not Applicable || || 29825 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.