Louisiana, United States
Louisiana, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Production Operator, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Location: Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Lease Operator / Pumper
O'Meara, LLC, a small oil & gas company in New Orleans, is looking for an experienced Lease Operator / Pumper to assist in managing our day-to-day field operations in lower St. Bernard Parish.
Responsible for performing duties related to the daily operations and maintenance of assigned wells and production facilities. Prepares, maintains and submits daily reports for daily liquid/gas volumes production, chemicals used, well pressures, etc. Responsible for optimizing and maintaining oil and gas production and lease expenses.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position, but are not meant to be at all-inclusive or nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary:
- Daily operations checks of wells and production facilities; provide prompt notification as conditions change; conducts production tests
- Perform basic to intermediate level pumping skills which include but not limited to: tank gauging, the proper operation of heater/treaters and 3 phase separators, and all attendant valve and oil seals and seal records. Ability to repair equipment as needed
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations, monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments, monitor chemical use, and test safety systems daily; maximize daily production
- Maintain production equipment to keep in good operating condition
- Maintain a clean and safe lease and wellsite
- Submits daily reports of produced volumes of oil, gas and water
- Witnesses and ensures accuracy of gauges, tests and run tickets performed by purchasers
- Assists with construction projects as assigned.
- Maintains field offices, and company equipment including computers, vessels, and cell phones
- Complies with all regulatory, environmental and safety rules and standards, as well as company policies
Skills/ Experience/ Training:
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Knowledge/experience in production and artificial lift operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations
- Work will require standing, stooping, walking, climbing tank stairs, carrying instruments weighing up to 30 pounds
- Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years of experience
- Flowing back wells and or pumping experience preferred
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts (7 on 7 off ), daytime running hours
Diversity Statement (EEO)
- We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.