Skills: NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Manage the allocated project activities and resources in accordance with the orginisations procedures, work scope requirements, budgets and plans. Review, evaluate the progress, look at ways of improving the works and reducing costs where possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Focal point for delivery of all aspects of ongoing and future works.
- Manage day to day operational requirements.
- Work closely with client to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the assigned project.
- Ensure all works are carried out safely and in line with company and clients procedures.
- Record Health and Safety Statistics by project.
- Ensure sufficient competent personnel are provided to carry out the work scopes on projects.
- Ensure such personnel work within their competency responsibilities and area of scope.
- Ensure essential documents are complete, current and appropriately stored for audit purposes.
- Support regular audits and assessments as and when required by client or clients, client.
- Maintain monthly spread sheet of NDT examinations by project and test type.
- Completion of client timesheets recording all hours, day-shift, back-shift, night-shift hours and non-productive.
- Investigate Client complaints.
- Carry out tool box talks.
- Maintain Equipment register for all calibrated items.
- The list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake task's that may reasonably be expected within the scope
- Assist in HR procedures as and when required.
- Attend meetings for Operations Manager.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedues are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Directly supervise all NDT personnel and relevant Subcontractors on projects
- Monitoring technicians performance on projects and carrying out appraisals
- Carry out disciplinary actions as and when required for technicians on projects
- Address complaints from technicians
- Reporting into Operations Manager Rosyth
- Minimum 8 years experience in NDT
- Valid NDT Qualifications
- Must have good communication skills
- IT literate
- Microsoft Word proficient
- Microsoft Excel proficient
- Held a Supervisory Role previously
- Driving License
- Mathematical proficiency in statistics, geometry, trigonometry, fractions, percentages
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback on projects
- Ensures that others involved in project or effort are kepy informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterised as follows
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Site visits as and when required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work