Odessa, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Skills: Sales, Purchasing
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Field Sales Representative.
Under general direction, develops and maintains customer relationships with smaller accounts in support of the Drilling Performance products/services portfolio in the field environment. Candidate sells to existing and new customers on location and in offices when necessary, and is responsible for the full cash-flow cycle (initial sale, contract completion, ticket signing and collections). Operate autonomously to implement and promote strategies regarding new business opportunities and/or expansion of existing opportunities. This position focuses on relationships developed with customer decision makers at the field level, and provides support and feedback to internal Operations, regional organization and sales peers.
• Purchase all required material, components, services and consumables, to meet the required delivery date at the lowest possible price consistent with required quality.
• Review Microsoft Dynamics AX MRP reports and purchase inventory items that show demand needs.
• Interact with various other departments, regarding acquisitions of supplies for project completions.
• Obtain approval for purchase requisitions for proper authorization.
• Clarify and resolve all pricing discrepancies on vendors' invoices for the accounting department.
• Assist receiving and shipping personnel with any problems of incoming and outgoing parts.
• Participate in inventory count activities when required per the guideline of the warehouse manager.
• Participate in the evaluation of vendor performance.
• Act as a company liaison with outside vendors; for problem solving, sourcing and the vendor introduction to NABORS's various departments.
• Vendor management: develop a good business relationship by sharing communications regarding the company's requirements and needs.
• Liaison with other departments concerning upcoming requirements and projects.
• Will be required to facilitate urgent after-hours requirements through participating in the on-call rotation at a minimum of once per month.
• Any other duties as directed by management.
• Financial responsibilities will be communicated by manager and/or local or global Delegation of Authority, when applicable
• Compliance with all NABORS Policies, Systems, and Standards, including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSE, etc.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
• 3-5 Years Outside Sales Experience (Drilling Products Preferred)
• 3-5 Oilfield Service Industry Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
• Contribute to the organization to build sales consistent with company strategy
• Support the Sales and Operations Management in positioning NATS
• Provide feedback to Operation Managers which insures quality work
• Be the key resource to the Sales and Operations Management for customer specific business negotiation.
• Key contact for daily client interaction
• Maintain a regional understanding of Oil and Gas industry
• Assist in forecasting responsibilities to Sales Management
Market and Customer:
• Understand markets, customer needs, and competitor landscape
• Analyze the market to identify key growth opportunities
• Maintain knowledge of competitor strategies, pricing, and general market activities
• Responsible for achieving Revenue commitments
• Monitor external and internal environment for development of new market segments
• Assist in the promotion of services and in projecting yearly usage and revenue forecast Competencies Required for Effective Performance.
• Ability to engage with client in a product specific technical discussion
• Visible leader recognized by clients and the industry as well as internally
• Capable of managing busy account base
• Able to build and maintain a broad level of relationships in the industry and ability to convert these relationships into opportunity
• Extravert, high energy marketing expert, who builds long term personal client relationships
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to sell products AND sell value
• Broad understanding of the application of our technology
• Able to represent NABORS in public settings
• Excellent negotiator
• Highly mobile and willing to travel where needed to accomplish sales goals
• Capable of working an irregular work schedule based on the demands of our customers
• Excellent Driving Record
Physical Demands: (This will change depending on job)
• Ability to sit for long periods of time in meetings and while driving to rig locations
• Requires the ability to stand up to ½ the time. Requires the ability to walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time. Requires the ability to talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time.
• Requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs.. Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to get in and out of vehicle and walk on rocky surfaces and climb stairs to meet with rig personnel
Work Environment: (This will change depending on job)
• Exposure to outdoor elements
• Mostly in vehicle or in office environment
• Typically works in a moderately noisy, business office environment
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.