Skills: Directional Driller, Petroleum Engineering, MWD / LWD
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Wellbore Engineer.
Responsible for the performance analysis of directional drilling activities and completion of engineering analysis on pre and post well activities.
Responsibility includes the use of engineering software to provide Drillstring Integrity Modelling, Vibration Analysis, Hydraulics Analysis, Torque and Drag Analysis, BHA tendencies, as well as provide feedback to internal and external users on best practices.
Provide actionable plans based on resources and professional experience to mitigate problematic well designs, increase operational efficiencies, and develop continuous improvement plan with respect to wellbore integrity and design.
• Use all available measurements and specialized tools, techniques and software to establish the exact conditions at any point in the drilling process. Uses his/her knowledge to optimize drilling rates, improve operational efficiency and minimize the impact of unplanned events.
• Pre-well, Real time and Post-well performance analysis and monitoring.
• Work directly with the real-time monitoring group. Make decisions based on measurable facts and critically analyzed data.
• Prepare and present engineering analysis to both internal and external operations in a way that executable decisions can be derived from the data.
• Mentor and develop junior group members in the use of engineering software, theories, and principles so efficiencies can be extended throughout the business unit.
• Establish critical workflows for data collection that allow for large subsets of data to be quickly organized and analyzed to maximize operational efficiencies.
• Bachelor in Petroleum Engineering or similar discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Proven drilling engineering experience with competence in well design and drilling operations.
• Experience using Directional Drilling software such as Compass, DrillScan, Wells, 5D, or similar.
• Proven and demonstrated ability to function effectively within subsurface/drilling completions teams.
• Field experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Drilling, Mud logging, Measure While Drilling, Logging While Drilling, Mud Engineering, Petrophysics, Log Analysis, Geosteering.
• Proven ability to produce technical reports, internal and external training, and technical support.
• Bachelor of Petroleum Engineering or similar discipline with commensurable experience and qualifications.
• Training Certifications
• Demonstrated competence in the field.
• Supervisory skills
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Management skills, team work. Attention to detail.
• Multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment experience.
• Able to stay focused for extended periods including extra hours monitoring while drilling activities.
• Travel disposition domestically and internationally.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.