Skills: Safety Training Rep, Coil Tubing
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Salaried, Exempt
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- To fully support the District and the Management Team to ensure implementation and ongoing improvement of safety processes and systems within the company. These processes and systems are to be consistent with Quintana Energy Services and QES Pressure Control priorities and policies as well as compliance with relevant regulations. Serve as a catalyst and expert resource to promote and maintain a positive safety culture within the assigned area of responsibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works closely with the District Manager and the Division HS&E Manager to plan, establish and maintain health, safety and environmental objectives for the protection of District personnel, customer projects, equipment and property consistent with the Corporate and Coil Tubing Division goals and objectives.
- Maintains a close working relationship with all levels of the District work force to ensure that a system of open communication exists.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating with colleagues and in creating a team working environment.
- Identifies and recommends best operational practices and equipment standards. Keeps abreast of new health, safety, environment, quality, training and security developments, services and evaluation techniques.
- Insures the security of all District personnel, equipment and property by working with the District Manager to actively promote and improve security for the District Facility and all work sites.
- Communicates to District Management, Supervisors and other personnel updated health, safety and environmental procedures in compliance with current federal, state and local government laws, statues and regulations.
- Assists the District Manager in furthering the Behavior Based Safety culture by reviewing Observation Cards/Reports and by providing coaching and guidance to the District Employees through the Behavioral Based Safety Process.
- Provides Claim Management and Worker's Compensation Services for the District.
- Assists the District Manager in loss control efforts to control, reduce and eliminate costs due to injury, equipment, pollution, and security incidents.
- Assists the District Manager in incident reporting, in conducting incident investigations and root cause analysis to prevent similar incidents in the future and to provide safety training for operations personnel.
- Assists the District Manager in Observing safe working and driving practices. Correcting obvious hazards immediately. Actively promoting and participating in District Safety Meetings and programs and acts to insure all safety rules are followed.
- Prepares District safety statistics to help management and supervisors meet safety objectives and provide for customer satisfaction.
- Organize all new hire orientations and training as well as tracking & maintaining all reoccurrence training for District personnel.
- Some travel may be involved supporting other districts activities and company needs (as needed).
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Two years of college level English, Science and Mathematics (preferred) or High school diploma / G.E.D.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and working employees. Prior experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Ability to work a "24 hour on call" schedule.
- Ability to meet the physical, language, mathematical and reasoning ability requirements of the HS&E Coordinator position.
- Strong experience in basic computer applications: Windows, Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and Outlook.
- Functional capacity testing is not a requirement for this position.
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to, area of responsibility.
- Must have the ability to read and write reports and correspondence as well as analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professionals journals and government regulations.
- Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general work force.
- Have the ability to effectively present information in an Instructor role providing specific training to District Employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamental of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diametric form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- HR Policies - Supervisor
- Core Training
- Annual Refresher Training
- Complete Train-the-Trainer (TTT) Courses
- First Aid (CPR)
- Defensive Driving
- Work involves occasional to frequent lifting of 50 pounds.
- Work area, machinery, and tool operations require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toe boots, protective clothing and hardhats.
- Working in extreme weather conditions may be required.
- Working of irregular hours may be required at times.
- Must have a valid Driver License and clean driving history.
Quintana Energy Services is a growth-oriented company formed to provide a wide range of completion, production and drilling services to land-based exploration and production customers operating in unconventional resource plays and conventional basins throughout the United States. We operate via four segments; Directional Drilling, Pressure Control, Pressure Pumping and Wireline.
QES is a leading US on-shore oilfield service company with more than 60 years’ experience, over 1,000 employees and operations in all major basins. QES is focused on safely delivering the highest quality services and products to the drilling and well service markets.
Our difference is rooted in our specialization, experience, craftsmanship, innovation and the solutions we provide.