Our client is looking for an Associate Accountant for a permanent position, located in Westhill.
- The Finance Resource Centre (FRC) is a motivated, skilled and high performing organisation: a Finance Centre of Excellence. The FRC currently has an opportunity for an Associate Accountant within the Financial Reporting departments based within the Westhill, Aberdeen office.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and quarterly management accounts for less complex entities and assist with preparation of larger entities
- Liaise and supply external auditors information regarding year end group accounts and statutory accounts
- Demonstrate an understanding of International Accounting Standards, applicable local accounting standards, local legislation, reporting disclosures and group accounting policies to ensure they are applied and upheld
- Compliance with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements and ensuring financial controls objectives are met within deadlines set
- Communicate with managers to plan, monitor and advise on financial performance, explaining financial information to non-financial personnel
- Preparation of reconciliations and analysis with relevant and appropriate back up and critical analysis of the balances.
- Identify process improvement (PI) opportunities
- Focus on high level of service provided to stakeholders
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects as required
- Educated to degree level (Desirable)
- Working towards a recognised Professional Accountancy Qualification (Desirable)
- Relevant experience working within a similar environment (Essential)
- Good quality accurate analysis and analytical review (Essential)
- Knowledge of Business Objects Financial Consolidation (BFC) (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of SAP and underlying modules (time allocations, Fixed assets, inventory, etc) that impact the General Ledger (Desireable)
- Ability to run reports and data extraction for input into excel models (Desirable)
- Ability to work with Excel (Essential), Word (Desirable) and PowerPoint (Desirable)
- Performance focus, first time right attitude, with good self-review skills (deliver quality products & services).
- Able to demonstrate excellent ability to work as part of a large team.
- Positive attitude and initiative, challenging the status quo with new ideas and improvements.
- Positive focus on customers and strives to improve, learn and utilise feedback.
- Anticipates potential problems and works to overcome them.
- Effective communicator with all stakeholders (e.g. Senior Management, Legal, Tax, and Technical Accounting Team).
- Ability to independently, plan and prioritise workloads to meet tight deadlines