Skills: Coil Tubing, Heavy Machinery Operator, Mechanic
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: Hourly, with overtime probable.
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repair and maintenance of various oilfield equipment.
- Operating a forklift.
- Provides the maintenance and general upkeep of coil tubing power packs, nitrogen power packs and related equipment.
- Performs shop housekeeping duties such as cleaning shop floors and units.
- Assists welders and shop personnel with their duties as directed.
- Expedites the procurement of tools, parts and equipment by performing "hot shot" runs as required.
- Maintains a safe work area or job site by following QES HSE and Standard Operating Procedures manuals.
- Assists in training assistants in equipment operations and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Education Requirements (Minimum and Preferred)
High School Diploma or GED.
Experience (Minimum and Preferred)
- This position requires the employee to have completed a minimum of 2 years as a Mechanic Assistant or equivalent. In addition, the employee must have completed all of the required "Skills" training for the Mechanic level before being eligible for advancement to the Mechanic position.
- Certified Heavy Truck Mechanic (preferred) or three plus (3+) years experience as a maintenance mechanic on heavy equipment.
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials (Minimum and Preferred)
Valid CDL with hazardous material endorsement.
Skill Sets/Competency (i.e., Computer, Communication, Leadership)
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw an interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Quintana Energy Services is a growth-oriented company formed to provide a wide range of completion, production and drilling services to land-based exploration and production customers operating in unconventional resource plays and conventional basins throughout the United States. We operate via four segments; Directional Drilling, Pressure Control, Pressure Pumping and Wireline.
QES is a leading US on-shore oilfield service company with more than 60 years’ experience, over 1,000 employees and operations in all major basins. QES is focused on safely delivering the highest quality services and products to the drilling and well service markets.
Our difference is rooted in our specialization, experience, craftsmanship, innovation and the solutions we provide.