||The Tech 1 - Field Maintenance travels to drilling rig field locations to perform a variety of equipment service and maintenance activities. Activities include servicing, repairing, adjusting and testing equipment, documenting equipment condition and maintenance activities. Additional duties include training and mentoring crew on operational level maintenance, coordinating maintenance related projects on rigs, and providing appropriate feedback to the job site manager and maintenance management team.
- Plan appropriately to drive extended distances to rig locations and perform maintenance duties
- Train operational crews in preventative maintenance checks and services, including how to properly conduct basic and intermediate repairs
- Diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical faults and plan coordination for the repair of the system or systems
- Coordinate and conduct 2nd and 3rd level inspections and repairs on multiple pieces of equipment
- Supervise maintenance related projects on the rig with the rig crew or 3rd party support
- Develop and monitor spare and replacement parts listing for specific equipment
- Assist in development and conduct training for all rig components
- Monitor issues, conduct root cause analysis and trend analysis through multiple facets of information gathering
- Assist operations in designated Maintenance/Policy implementation
- Technical or vocational training or related experience on a variety of mechanical equipment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact productively with coworkers and third parties
- Knowledge of and experience repairing multiple types of oilfield drilling equipment and systems
- Ability to safely navigate drilling rig work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal rig operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
- Ability to travel to visit drilling rig work sites and support business units; occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
- Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas
- Frequent use a variety of hand and power tools to perform a range of mechanically oriented functions including independent use of heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
- Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Accurate recall of information over short and long-term memory
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and focused including during occasional extended work periods
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills and ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
- Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- Ability to work on weekends and be on call after hours
- High school diploma, certificate or equivalent is required
- Two (2) years stable related work history in field maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of drilling rig equipment such as mudpumps, catwalks, top drives, etc.
- Eligible to drive company vehicle and meet requirements of company vehicle use agreement and driving policy
- Field maintenance experience in the oil and gas or related industry is preferred
- Experience with: Alta DW, Bomco Mudpumps, FD-1600 Mudpumps, Forum Catwalk, GD800 DW, ST-80(All Models), Rotary Table, Hydraulics, TDS 11 Top Drive, ADS-10 SD DW, DSDG 375 DW.
- Possess mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and/or control system skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office is preferred
- Ability to read various schematics (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic)
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills on assigned equipment and assets
This position requires the person to work in both office locations and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. The Technician will be occasionally exposed to the typical conditions of the local area where the drilling operations and rigs are located. The Technician must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties.
They must be able to work closely with others and under deadlines including time-sensitive response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.