- Deliver training, conduct assessment and verification on assessment for Operations Technicians specifically mechanical discipline.
- Review and update regularly the standard, performance assessment checklist and materials related to Pearson BTEC SRF in mechanical engineering for oil and gas facilities.
- Implement the technical learning agenda and provide solutions for the assigned population (output from an annual learning plan or ad-hoc request).
- Coordinate or deliver learning activities/initiatives to address competency gaps or development needs for the assigned population.
- Support business in managing training need analysis (TNA), training plan execution and monitor the training utilization.
- Support business in driving capability development programme for new graduates and technicians.
- Support business on corporate social responsibility (CSR) agenda to promote local talent development.
- Maintain and upkeep the mechanical equipment/tools, system and training facilities in the workshop.
- Maintain interface with assigned production and operations team to deliver priorities on both competence development and assurance.
- Support Global Competence Assurance team and manage local stakeholders on competence assurance execution.
- Liaise with internal SME/TA and external vendors to address competency gaps or development needs.
- Position reports directly to the Manager, Learning (dotted reports to Learning Advisor)
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
- Degree in mechanical discipline or equivalent with at least 3 years working experience on maintenance or relevant field
- Hands-on experience on rotating equipment
- Experience in conducting training is an advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.