Development Driller III
Development Driller III
Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Development Driller III
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Assist with the maintenance, repair and installation all electronic equipment onboard the vessel
Electronic Technician - Equatorial Guinea Nationals
This position is available only to candidates who meet applicable company and local government nationalisation /residency requirements.
Reports to the Chief Electronic Technician
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for electronic operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on electronic equipment - Authority II
- Comply with the permit to work system - Authority I
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) guidelines and coordinate that maintenance with supervisor and other department heads - Authority III
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair of all electronic systems including dynamic positioning, communication, data acquisition, computers and navigational equipment - Authority II
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic systems including, but not limited to, Subsea BOP controls and drilling package instrumentation and electronics - Authority II
- Assist in carrying out installation, calibration, and modification of electronic systems and components - Authority II
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares to fulfill maintenance requirements; inform the Chief Electronic Technician when there is need to reorder - Authority II
- Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig - Authority I
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete - Authority II
- Assist in providing information for maintenance and repair budget - Authority II
- Assist with the implementation of the outstanding recommendations from audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management - Authority II
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information via direct supervisor to Field Support Group - Authority II
- Incorporate the THINK planning process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team - Authority I
- Participate fully in the START process - Authority I
- Ensure subordinate personnel are properly trained in the START process - Authority I
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed - Authority I
- Carry out assigned duties in a safe manner according to Company policies and procedures - Authority I
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-tour meetings as required - Authority I
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to supervisor and other department heads - Authority I
- Respond to emergency situations as per designation on station bill - Authority I
- Ensure that all relevant safety procedures and practices are adhered to during mechanical maintenance work - Authority I
- Assist in ensuring that a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig - Authority I
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for environmental protection. - Authority I
- Meet the training requirements according to the applicable training matrix - Authority I
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process - Authority I
- Assist with the supervision and training of the Electronic Technician Trainee - Authority II
- Maintain discipline onboard and ensure compliance with Company disciplinary procedures - Authority II
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.