Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Development Driller III
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
The Rig HSE Advisor provides support, coaching and advice to all rig personnel on the implementation of the Company HSE management system and will spend the majority of their work time at the worksites to accomplish this. He or she actively and visibly supports the Shared Values and Strategic Initiatives. The Rig HSE Advisor verifies compliance with HSE management system requirements. This role has a direct reporting line to the OIM and a functional reporting line to the onshore HSE focal point for their duties related to rig HSE activities. They are accountable for maintaining effective communication to both reporting lines.
Rig HSE Advisor - Equatorial Guinea Nationals
This position is available only to candidates who meet applicable company and local government nationalisation/residency.
Direct - Offshore Installation Manager
Functional - Onshore HSE Focal Point
PR E REQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience working in the offshore drilling industry (Previous operational experience is preferred / candidates with previous HSE experience may be considered)
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English and have an ability to communicate effectively
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Have the ability to interact with all levels of rig personnel and build a trusting relationship
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively promote, participate, monitor and coach personnel on the HSE Policies and Requirements
- Maintain SME knowledge of the Company HSE and EMS Requirements and Processes
- Ensure regular, open, active, timely and relevant communication with HSE line management
- Provide updates to the OIM and HSE focal point on results of their verification activities
- Verify that the HSE communication boards are maintained with current information
- Support and monitor compliance of the installation Orientation process
- Continually review the company management system to identify opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate HSE On the Job Training (OJT)
- Support development of Short Service Employees (SSE) in the HSE management system requirements
- Participate and support drills and exercises
- Support installation in executing HSE requirements
- Provide feedback on activity verification progress as directed by the HSE Focal Point
- Active application and support of organizational learning
- Verify HSE management system changes are communicated effectively and understood
- Conduct Self Verification checks in accordance with management system requirements
- Support supervisors at appropriate HSE and Operational meetings
- Participate in incident investigations
- Monitor installation specific training matrix for compliance
- Support and monitoring of country specific HSE regulations
- Participate in internal and external audits to verify compliance with HSE management system and customer bridging documents as required
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.