Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technical and Business Analyst located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through March 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Provides daily operational support for several applications by troubleshooting incidents to identify root causes and solutions.
- Performs coding, unit testing and/or system configuration changes to resolve defects and/or develop new enhancements, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Monitors interfaces/data loads, administers security, and monitors application performance.
- Identifies areas for improvement through understanding of technical and business requirements.
- Supports and/or drives technical upgrade projects and change initiatives.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates technical work activities with business users and other support organizations as applicable.
- Consults to IT and business partner on applying technology to business opportunities and planning and implementation of cross-functional applications
- Collaborates with customers, gathering and modeling business requirement/data, business processes, and other business rules in order to ensure alternatives have been carefully considered and that the chosen solution meets business objectives.
- Applies the appropriate business analysis tools and methods as needed, in support of existing applications, or in support of the study of proposed changes to the business processes.
- Adheres to Incident, Problem, Release and Change Management procedures to meet application SLAs and high system reliability (e.g. utilizes Remedy tools).
- Develops and maintains business and/or technical support documentation.
- Maintains IP Compliance on systems and software as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other relevant fields
- Excellent customer focus, communication skills, and results-orientation
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience in an IT project implementation or Agile Scrum. Demonstrated application of solid IT Business Analysis or Project Management practices to deliver effective business solutions.
- Good understanding of methodologies used to manage projects
- Solid understanding of system configuration and integration points on supported applications
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently while producing quality work
- Flexible and adaptable when priorities shift due to changing situations
Critical Selection Criteria:
- Domain Knowledge-Understanding of Finance and Corporate Function business processes. Fundamental knowledge on Chevron IT landscape to aid in application support. Proficient with the SDLC and ITSM Processes.
- Analytical Skills-Gather and model business requirements, conceptualize solutions and distill them into discreet functional requirements. Diagram processes and data flows, identify inefficiencies and recommend best practices or improvements.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills-Effectively build and maintain successful working relationships. Tailor communications to audience and articulate complex concepts. Lead meetings and promote an inclusive environment to encourage full participation.
- Organization Skills-Help the business prioritize application-related issues and create an overall plan to address them. Self-motivated, manage priorities to deliver high quality solutions. Collaborate with remote team members and SMEs.
- Working proficiency of XSLT and XML
- Familiarity in working across multiple systems and platforms
- Knowledge of General Ledger Accounting (to evaluate, analyze, and prioritize data in various forms and formats)
- Familiar with Agile Methodology + MS TFS
- Experience in scaling and performance tuning of applications
- Experience with systems integration (ERP preferred)
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.