Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lovington, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data. For information regarding the application process for this job posting please contact.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Participate in and support HES processes, Level III audits, BBS, JSA's, PHAs, and PSSRs
• Operate, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain oil and gas production and facility equipment
- Participate in and support these activities:
- Crew emergency drills,
- ERT/BEC practices,
- CBTs, training (including refresher),
- OE meetings,
Level III audits,
• Monitor all process variables and make needed adjustments in Natural Gas Liquid extraction and Production Safety Management facilities
• Startup and shutdown of compressors and pumps
• Operation and monitoring of SCADA
• Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency
• Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization
• Assure all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements
- Develop daily safety work permits, turnovers etc
- Notify proper personnel of all HES and process incidents.
- Monitor project work and day to day maintenance activities for Safe Work Practice compliance.
- Address any safety issues with Head Operator, HES Specialist, and Operations Supervisors.
- Must have the ability to lead operating crew during a HES incident or plant upset, acts as Incident Commander during a major incident when HO is not available.
Initiate MOCs as needed.
- Under the direction of Head Operator and Process Advisor, monitor and optimize plant processes as well as trouble shoot and correct plant process problems.
- Assists in the coordination of all field and plant activities.
- Performs daily activities including, permitting, and turnovers.
- Populate daily turnover, field readings and inventory data onto various computer spreadsheets.
- Write computer based (D7i) W/Os & MOCs as needed.
- This position requires driving on a routine basis.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with and knowledge of gas plant processes and control systems
• Experience with operation of DCS control panel and corrective actions regarding process variables out of normal
• Ability and willingness to give direction to Plant Specialists and Field Specialists
• Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of production and facility equipment
• Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, and an aptitude for learning new software packages
• Capability of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision
• Completion of 3 Plant Training modules
• Experience with giving direction to Plant Specialists and Field Specialists
• Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues
• Good understanding of the DEQ Title V Operating Plan and adherence to the Op Plan.
• Completed training of Control Board training module
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriates will not be considered for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.