Skills: Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Person, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Manual & Procedure Specialist located in Richmond, CA California/United States.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Support O&M population by editing, formatting and updating electronic manuals documents including Refinery Instructions to conform with Federal OSHA [Reg 1910.119(f)], Cal OSHA (Reg 8, Section 5189), applicable PSM laws, EOM guidebook, and Chevron standards.
- Analyze and understand subject, purpose, audience and need and create clear, accurate and conforming document that can readily be applied to support regular work needs.
- Review and perform thorough Human Factor review of all work instructions prior to publishing on EOM/EMM. Work closely with Writers/Trainers to ensure any Human Factor violations are properly mitigated.
- Possess and apply expertise to interview SMEs, conduct necessary research and gather information to produce accurate, comprehensive and unambiguous documentation.
- Follow guidelines as described in the EOM Guidebook. Know, understand and apply the Human Factor requirements pertaining to writing procedures, guidelines, training and instructional materials used by Operations and Maintenance.
- Stay current with document and procedure management and tracking systems (ATR SmartProcedures). Understand and follow document and procedure development, approval and publishing process to meet PSM regulations. Manage and maintain ATR Smart Procedures (Richmond Refinery's document management system).
- Stay current in PC publishing technology - specifically web design and document management. Good Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, Web Expressions).
- Use technical knowledge to recommend improvements in manuals, procedures, and training materials.
- Support O&M population by ensuring ready access to the full body of information needed to perform their job, with emphasis on safety and incident & injury free results.
- Partner with other Manuals and Procedures group members to organize procedures, process information, equipment information and training material in a standardized, structured, logical and mutually supportive manner.
- Develop and maintain EOM/EMM training materials.
- Facilitate training sessions for procedures and process manuals. Be a Mentor/Trainer for the procedures and manuals work group.
- Support Operations and Maintenance on EOM/EMM Annual Certification process by coordinating the process and manage the certification documents.
- Maintain 5 component models for Developing and Maintaining Operating and Maintenance procedure process.
- Support L&D efforts to promote diversity, team-work, and safe work environment. Conduct Loss Prevention Observations and actively participate in LPSA meetings.
- High School Diploma Required
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with data management systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook (MS Excel, in particular)
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Effective communication skills with the ability to effectively coordinate with others to accomplish work
- Experience in Database Management Systems (Tracking, Updates, etc.)
- Prepare and modify documents, including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Experience working with Work Instructions, EOM, EMM
- Experience with third party software (i.e. ATR Smart Procedures)
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.