Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Global Network Operations Analyst must be able to provide Configuration, Deployment and Operational Maintenance of network infrastructure to ensure continuous availability of secured and reliable network services to both internal and external Chevron global customers.
Works into Network Assets organization and interact with other internal Network organizations and with external Service Providers (3rd party) as data link carriers, hardware manufacturer and high level of technical support (TAC) to support the LAN/WAN, Campus, Core Network, Extranet, Data Center and Cloud requirement globally, and other business-enabling IT solutions that depend on Network.
- Cisco Switches, Routers, Wireless Controllers.
- Juniper Routers.
- Ansible Tower.
Some Tools include:
- Monitoring & Management: Solarwinds, Cisco ISE, TACACS, Junos Space, splunk, CA Spectrum, EMC, CA NetQoS.
- Information Management: ServiceNow.
- Automation: Ansible Tower.
- Reporting: ThousandEyes, ServiceNow, Power BI.
Responsibilities for this position includes but are not limited to:
- Network infrastructure administrator: Switches, Routers, Wireless (Cisco, Juniper), Recording devices (CRUD: Create, Read, Update and Delete).
- Support Network Global operations of the data, voice and secured network
- System monitoring, Remedy queue management, incident management, initial troubleshooting, coordinate on-site support, escalation to Level 3 Design&Consulting Engineers or 3rd party vendors, maintain system compliance and implement system upgrades.
- Troubleshooting network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware, software or configuration related faults.
- Respond to escalation via page or call during off-hours.
- Prioritizing and managing incident cases at one time.
- Ensure operational excellence and network reliability.
- Ensure escalation and timely resolution of network incidents and problems.
- Participate in the Root Cause investigations when business incidents occur.
- Execute change management activities.
- Ensure network devices meet Information Protection standards.
- Support Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Enforce a strong focus and disciplined approach to maintenance and improvement of network availability and reliability which includes development and continuous improvement of operational practices and processes.
- Able to work independently but in alignment with team goals.
- Rotational On-Call may be required, covering nights and weekends (Approx. 1 week every 2 months.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Network Engineering or Computer Science.
- Desirable but not required certifications. Equivalent skill level is required: CCNA and JNCIA. Protocol Experience: EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, STP, and others.
- Experienced in infrastructure / operation support processes and working knowledge of ITSM.
- Flexible in doing shifts and On-call Support.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting large enterprise networks.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Cisco and Juniper systems. Experience supporting the following Cisco and Juniper platforms, configuration & circuits:
- Cisco LAN Switches - Access (9X00, 4500, 3800 series).
- Cisco Data Center Switches (Nexus series).
- Juniper MX Series Routers.
- Cisco Branch Routers.
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools (e.g. SolarWinds, Splunk, Voyence, NetQoS, Junos Space, etc.).
- Fluency with Remedy incident and change management.
- Advanced English both written and oral.
- Desirable but not required: Experience, knowledge or certification on programing language on Networking framework (Python Syntax, YAML Syntax, Ansible Tower, Ansible Network Modules).
- Excellent coordination, prioritization skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong teamwork, and business engagement skills (a team player).
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Knowledge on Automation tools in Networking framework.
This is a position for Buenos Aires, Argentina only.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.