Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Control System Analyst/ Engineer located in El Segundo, CA California/United States.
Position Details : The Control Systems Analyst / Engineer provides day-to-day support to end-users including training, system changes, and problem solving.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Initiates setup and maintains Process Control systems including software upgrades and security settings
• Configure, troubleshoot, program and maintain Process Control system software, logic, and graphics
• Troubleshoots issues and provides technical support to the team
• Maintains system backup-media and contingency recovery procedures
• Work closely with Operations
• Writes and follows procedures
• Willingness to undergo several years of training and spend at least 3-4 years in this assignment
• Reads, comprehends, communicates and follows all safety, environmental and loss prevention rules, processes, regulations and procedures
• Documents or updates documentation on system
• Requires some traveling for training and being on call to support systems
• Minimum of 3 years experience supporting an industrial process control system and/or experience supporting Windows servers in a manufacturing environment. A candidate with extensive refinery process operations or maintenance experience will be considered in lieu of this requirement.
• Technical background or demonstrate strong technical aptitude, able to understand and retain complex technical information
• Ability to work with others and build relationships with other organizations. Creates and promotes an environment of trust and teamwork through actions and behaviors
• Strong oral, written, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate and work with personnel at all levels.
• Able to work independently and handle a variety of assignments for multiple customers. Self motivated, proactive, can set priority and schedule work based on business needs.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience and knowledge with server setup/maintenance including, software upgrades and security settings
• A strong fundamental understanding of refinery or hydrocarbon processing and equipment is desirable.
• Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators.
• Formalized training in information or digital control systems along with quality improvement skills
• Experience supporting control systems such as Honeywell TDC 3000, Experion, C300, Alan Bradley PLCs and Triconex Safety Instrumented Systems preferred
• Knowledge of process control fundamentals including design, configuration, infrastructure, and programming of DCS, PLC and SIS. Understands programming concepts and methods.
• Candidates without specific DCS, SIS or PLC programming experience, but with a solid process background and a strong aptitude for computers will be considered
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.