Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Florence, South Carolina, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Prepares design sketches, 3D models, layouts, and schematics as part of a design team.
- Selects raw materials and components; develops specs for product.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation. May present solutions to clients.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the Concurrent Lifecycle Management Process
- Provide training and support to clients and field representatives. Prepare technical documentation through InTouch and in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Share expertise via Eureka and SIGs and expand the informal network throughout the organization: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains and clients.
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
- Implements and complies with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix
- Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of professional experience in Engineering/ Technology.
- 3 years of professional experience in 3D CAD systems and the ability to read and create engineering drawings. (Solid Works, Solid Edge, or Creo experience preferred)
- Experience with UL Hazardous Locations and ATEX/IECEX
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Excellent mechanical, analytical and technical skills
- Advanced knowledge in MS-Office
- Expert level English written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.