Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Provides technical and programming support, maintenance and trouble-shooting on all corporate applications with focus on the corporate ERP system, Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations. Works with end users and other IT staff to determine the cause of, and correct, system and program problems. Working under minimal supervision, works with other IT members and users to create new tools and reports, and to fine tune processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Microsoft Dynamics D365 for Operations programming skills with exposure to multiple AX/D365 modules is preferred. Minimum experience with AX2012 is required if no D365 for Operations programming experience. Additional technical skills may vary. Must demonstrate thorough programming skills (including X++, C#, .NET, SQL, etc.).
- Utilize analytical skills to design and develop robust solutions that enhance or complement ERP system.
- Create and/or modify reports using SSRS.
- An understanding of network systems, manufacturing systems, and business processes is a plus.
- Provide technical assistance to Business Analysts to help interrogate data, to build solutions, and to fine-tune processes.
- Customize systems for functionality or to enhance presentation of data.
- Provide 3rd level support on ERP system
- Develop, code, and maintain applications or tools following IT development standards.
- Trouble-shoot, correct, and optimize applications.
- Work with other IT staff to determine the cause of, and to help correct, system and program problems
- Works through the entire life-cycle of applications, including planning, design, coding, documentation, testing, implementation, training, and ongoing maintenance
- Assess requirements and make recommendations on systems and/or processes
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Post-secondary education with Computer Science Degree or related field
- At least 6 years related experience
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self -Starter, motivated to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and tools
- Friendly, positive and dedicated
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.