Velma, Oklahoma, United States
Velma, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Corrosion Engineering, Pipe Inspection / NDT, Pipeline Services
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Velma, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States, with a growing presence in crude oil gathering and petroleum terminaling. Targa is engaged in the business of: (1) gathering, compressing, treating, processing and selling natural gas; (2) storing, fractionating, treating, transporting and selling NGLs and NGL products, including services to LPG exporters; (3) gathering, storing and terminaling crude oil; and (4) storing, terminaling and selling refined petroleum products. Our gathering and processing footprint includes more than 24,000 miles of pipeline across multiple shale and resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, Williston Basin, Barnett Shale, Anadarko Basin, Ardmore Basin, Arkoma Basin, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico. Our leading downstream footprint includes the second largest fractionation position in Mont Belvieu, TX and a world class LPG export facility in Galena Park, TX.
Targa is currently seeking a Developmental Technician for their facility located in Velma. OK.
• Assist pigging operations as needed along with proper documentation and procedures
• Estimate and/ or calculate flow rates and total volumes
• Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities
• Manage inventory at assigned sites regarding: Glycol, Methanol, NGL's, Produced Water
• Monitor pipeline conditions and recognizes flow restrictions in gas systems and take appropriate actions
• Obtain data from electronic flow measurement (EFM) devices
• Participates in preparation of field operating procedures and the training of co-workers in a safe and efficient operation practices
• Perform minor repairs and assist with major repairs on compression and related equipment
• Perform pipeline locates and monitor work of contractors and pipeline companies working around company pipelines and right-of-ways
• Perform routine and emergency startup/shutdown of all field equipment
• Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required
• Responsible for pipeline maintenance and monitoring including protection, corrosion monitoring, pipeline pigging, pressure maintenance, loss gas, line repairs, etc.
• Responsible for starting and stopping of all station equipment, Dehydration operations and maintenance, and Maximize field compression efficiently
• Technician will also be required to perform certain PSM functions and activities.
• Testing for O2 and H2S levels in gas streams.
• Calibrating and trouble shooting O2 and H2S analyzers.
• This person will have basic understanding of PLC's and their functions, flow and temperatures and BTEX units.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Minimum of _0_ year(s) of related work experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Any additional minimum essentials needed for the job.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
• Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call outs as need to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant conditions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
• Pipeline experience \ Mechanical experience \
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.