Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Accounting, Asset Management, Commercial Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Capital Planning Manager in our Houston office locations.
Capital Planning Manager
This position is responsible for managing the process around capital planning and reporting. This person must be detail oriented and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This individual must work well with others at various levels of the organization. The ideal candidate must also be able to analyze issues and bring solutions to the table.
Primary duties include:
- Developing and/or managing the capital reporting process.
- Interact with the other departments and provide support as needed on forecasted fixed asset requests.
- Developing and preparing multi-year business plans as relates to capital expenditure.
- Developing reporting packages explaining business and financial results, including variance analysis of actual results/forecasts versus plans and prior periods covering capital spending.
- Tracking and analyzing key performance measures.
- Providing periodic and ad-hoc analysis and reporting in support of senior management.
- Assisting with the preparation of board of director, investor, employee, and ad-hoc presentations.
- Developing new reporting and analytical tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the capital planning, reporting, and close processes.
- Partnering with different groups, such as Commercial, Engineering, and Accounting, to ensure that forecasted and actual amounts are accurate and complete
- Performing other analytical work as directed
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field. MBA or CFA preferred.
- 5+ years of planning, budgeting and forecasting or related financial experience
- Exceptional analytical, leadership and influencing skills
- Strong financial modeling skills (excel power user), proficient in Word and Power Point
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build cross functional partnerships, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization including senior management
- Must be a quick learner, self-starter and results oriented
- Prefer Oracle Cloud and/or HFM experience.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.