NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client is a leading Midstream operator located in Houston and hiring a Director of Project Management.
The Director of Project Management reports to the VP, Projects Engineering and is responsible for leading Major Capital Projects Engineering staff within the liquid pipeline group; directing implementation of the overall project execution strategy; and accountable for delivery of capital projects ( from conception through to start up) in accordance with agreed performance targets. The Director also manages the activities of engineering and technical personnel, interfaces with other organizations (business development, operations, finance, procurement, EHS, etc.), and contracts for and supervises 3rd party personnel as required. Please note that applicants must have liquid pipeline and pump station project experience within the last 5 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct activities such as: development of conceptual & detailed scopes of work; development of cost estimates, schedules & associated performance targets; development of project execution and construction plans; and project execution through commissioning, start-up and handover to Operations.
- Effectively direct the planning, scheduling, and execution of multiple capital and major maintenance projects concurrently to meet liquid pipeline business needs and expectations.
- Manage Project Management staff and contractors to ensure project budget & schedule expectations are achieved.
- Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems solutions, and priorities & methods.
- Oversee development of engineering standards, specifications, and policies & procedures required to optimize project delivery
- Oversee projects in the Company's financial control system, review and manage commitments and expenditures, maintain accurate forecasts, and ensure compliance with PPL cost management policies and procedures.
- Monitor projects/activities to assure overall conformance to engineering standards, company and operations plans and objectives, as well as related contractual, regulatory, and company requirements.
- Ensure training and development of staff and manage employee performance formalized within the annual Performance Management Process.
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, and for the safety of company assets, employees, and the general public.
- Support development and management of the annual sustaining capital budget.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
Training and experience in project management techniques, including engineering design, risk management, resource planning, execution planning, construction management, performance & integrity testing, and commissioning & handover.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.