Skills: Drilling Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities
1) Project Design/Execution: Deliver world-class design/execution performance by embedding Revitalized Deliver-the-Limit (rDTL) and Better to Best methodology as the way of working and implementing full use of the Global Well Delivery Process (GWDP). Responsible for the design, planning, and management of completion and well intervention operations, with the full integration of the CWI Operations team and relevant asset teams. Preparation of detailed cost and time estimates, tracking of relevant metrics during job execution, after action reviews (AAR) documentation, well handover to production, and developing subsequent improvement plans.
2) HSSE: Integrate HSSE in the design, programming, and execution of well work on completion and well intervention operations. Actively promote HSSE and Sustainable Development (SD) in all activities and ensure compliance with business principles.
3) Mentor: Mentor & coach junior staff in all aspects of completion engineering design and operations, and in interaction with other asset teams.
4) Collaboration: Support and foster relationships with Contracting & Procurement, Logistics, Subsurface, Production Operations and Subsea. Support engagements with JV partners where applicable and the development and analysis of competitive benchmarking to drive operational excellence.
5) Contract Management: Lead the technical and HSSE management of relevant service provider contracts and support the contracting and procurement strategy. Collaborate with contractors regarding performance, future plans, variances, etc. as needed.
6) Innovation: Actively drive the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies and the opportunities to optimize field operations.
7) Goals & Personal Development: Develop annual personal performance review/management documents including performance contracts, individual development plans (IDPs) and goals and performance appraisals (GPAs).
- Number of rigs/work units: 1 x Deepwater Drill Ship with the potential of additional units
- Location: Deepwater Brazil
- On-site Time Requirements: Standard office hours for Brazil, at times offshore on the drilling unit
- Off hours calls: During execution of the CWI work scope
- Well Environment: Deepwater Pre and Post Salt
- Sand control: As required
- Artificial Lift: As required Gas Lift
- Smart Wells: As required Intelligent Completions or otherwise
- Regulatory requirements: Yes
- JV exposure: Yes
- Mentoring/Coaching: Junior Staff
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Design a tubing string: Knowledge
- Optimize Well Delivery Program: Knowledge
- Prepare Completion Design Options and Program: Skill
- Prepare Intervention Design and Options Program: Skill
- Prepare Completion/Intervention Fluid Design Options and Program: Knowledge
- Prepare Abandonment Design and Options Program: Knowledge
- Specify Well Control Equipment and Execute Well Control Operations: Skill
- Execute Well Completion Operations: Skill
- Execute Well Interventions and Abandonment Operations: Skill
- Select Completion and Well Intervention Units and Equipment: Skill
- IADC or IWCF certified: Preferred
- Minimum Education: BSc in Engineering or Science
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video