Skills: HR - Recruitment
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is responsible for meeting/exceeding staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates and ensuring the Company is hiring the best possible talent.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting to include, but not limited to, sourcing, telephone screens, face to face interviews, background checks and extending job offers in order to efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Develop a recruiting strategy to execute a process to best meet hiring needs, ensure a positive experience for candidates and adjust the strategy to meet changing business priorities.
- Using social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings, including debriefs with Managers/ Business Partners to discuss status of requisitions and interviews of candidates.
- Post positions to appropriate sources, including Parker Drilling's website.
- Develop and build a pipeline of qualified candidates in order to meet staffing goals and objectives.
- Involved with metric reporting and staff meetings in conjunction with the Recruiting Team.
- Arrange interviews by coordinating schedules; and escorting applicant to interviews.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, monitoring job offers and compensation practices, and emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School Diploma is required.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* PHR, CIR and/or AIRS certifications preferred.
* Should have at least 7+ years in full cycle recruiting in a Corporate/International environment
* Should have 3+ years international experience recruiting locals
* Must be proficient in MS office products to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Must be proficient with Applicant Tracking Systems.
* Must be able to organize and prioritize work.
* Able to provide feedback to candidates, HR management and Business Partners in a timely fashion.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
* Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
* Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
* Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
* Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
* Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
* As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.