Skills: Project Management, Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Other Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Project Management Advisor III to support Payara
The Senior Project Management Advisor will typically be involved in the execution planning of one or more major capital projects (>500 M$) during Select and Define Stages and may support and monitor several such projects in the Execution phase post Gate 3. The role requires a seasoned and experienced project professional who can mentor and train less experienced personnel assigned to the function and to specific projects. During the Execution phase, the Advisor will work with project teams to support and validate the use of best practices in project management execution. The Advisor will ensure the project team obtains the services needed to achieve overall project objectives and strategies and efficiently executes the project in accordance with expectations. The Advisor may also be involved in the execution of general interest activities that may have broad application across all projects (enhancements, staffing studies, Independent Project Review (IPR) Process and Plans, maintenance of selected work process, special studies, etc.).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks, Level 3:
* Communicate opportunities and vulnerabilities associated with the execution of the project including significant yard capacity and capability concerns.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BS/MS in Engineering
* 20+ years' experience in major capital projects for the oil and gas industry
* At least 15 years' experience on international projects, with at least two overseas assignments
* At least 10 years' experience in execution of a major capital project, in a management level capacity on the Project Management Team, is preferred
* The candidate must have leadership and personnel management skills, and strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders including operations, co-ventures and host government representatives. The candidate must be an effective teacher and mentor, able to share knowledge and experience
* Expert proficiency in most Project Management skills (e.g. execution planning, contracting/procurement, cost estimating, project controls, planning & scheduling, organization design, etc. )
* Experience in one or more technical disciplines (Marine, Facilities, Subsea, Pipelines, Structures, etc.)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.