Shell seeks a Senior Downstream Financial Analyst to serve as a member of a small centralized team of five people. In this role as the Finance Advisor you will apply commercial finance and accounting skills to enable delivery of the operational and financial objectives for the North America Refining & Chemicals businesses within the integrated Downstream fuels supply chain.
The position is responsible for a broad range of finance activities including but not limited to:
- transparent, timely, and quality analysis of capital projects, divestments, and terminal agreements.
- advising on the finance/accounting implications of business contracts, issues and decisions.
- driving business performance through insights from financial analysis.
- providing business decision support on project proposals, including assessing risks, scope and value.
- utilizing internal and external data to continuously identify opportunities to improve competitiveness of the assets.
- monitoring and ensuring value delivery across the integrated fuels supply chain.
- working with Shell specialist accounting and finance teams globally to provide complete and efficient finance input to the business.
- ad-hoc project support.
This role is based in Shell's Houston offices but supports its refining and chemicals manufacturing locations across the United States. Regular travel to the locations may be required based on project needs. The position is a key development role providing the opportunity to engage senior leaders while applying financial acumen and learning the intricacies of the individual businesses in relation to the end to end value chain. Finance careers with Shell, depending on individual performance, offer opportunity for advancement and movement to other locations and businesses. Applicants should have mobility beyond the Houston offices where they will start their career.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Minimum ten (15+) years of relevant financial experience.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Experience in Refining with understanding of margin component/drivers a plus.
- Demonstrated financial modeling skills.
- Commercial curiosity to fully understand the business and explore value opportunities.
- Ability to be a strong leader and work effectively in a multi-dimensional and diverse global team.
- Experience participating in cross-functional initiatives or projects while continuing to manage core workload.
- Ability to devise and implement process improvements.
- Strong communication skills; ability to relay financial information and concepts to people with different backgrounds.
- Experience with MS office products and SAP.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.