Skills: Document Control
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
You will join the Project Controls function which provides Project Control services on projects to include planning, cost control, document control and estimating. Project controls is involved in all stages of the project life cycle including Concept, FEED and the EPC phases subject to scope of requirements.
To assist with providing these services, the Project Controls team utilises an in-house integrated project management system interfaced with proprietary systems where appropriate. Project Your skills and expertise will be utilised to assist with start-up and operation of the Document Management department. This includes set up and roll out of the necessary ABMS modules all subsequent training of all document management activities required to meet the needs of the onshore and offshore operations.
- Perform all supervisory duties required to run the Document Management department - Communicate with Project Manager, Client and Third Parties to agree standards, systems, handover and close-out of project activity to meet project requirements
- Liaise with Engineering to ensure the Document Distribution Matrix (DDM) is set up to meet project needs
- Assist in ensuring the standard document management system is set up and maintained to support the project
- Ensure that departmental work instructions are developed and maintained (if applicable) to complement Global standard procedures
- Be involved in developing and maintaining of document management performance targets
- Ensure the team are fully trained in all systems and that they work in accordance to the procedures / work instructions and to the project distribution matrices
- Facilitate meetings relating to operational interfaces of document management
- Carry out inductions of training to project or external personnel of how to interrogate the document management system
- Manage a coordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner
- Ensure Controlled copy documents are managed to auditable standard - Ensure all project and client ad-hoc requests and reports are completed in a timely manner
- Manage the complete and timely project close-out and final handover to meet client legal requirements
- Experience in working in an engineering project group or document management centre
- Extensive working knowledge of the offshore oil and gas industry
- Specialist knowledge in Oil & Gas document management systems and procedures - Ability to control, direct, supervise and manage the day to day activities with an documentation management centre
- Experienced in electronic data formats production and retention requirements - Capable of leading teams
- Experienced in writing and maintaining of departmental procedures
- Extensive knowledge of Asset information management requirements - Extensive knowledge of project document close-out and handover Desirable
- Knowledge of file format conversion process - Knowledge of various electronic document management applications
- Ability to carry out departmental audits on both the system and the processes in document management
- Knowledge of maintenance and administration of the document management system
- Ability to carry out performance reviews and appraisals with DM personnel If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.