Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Provides safety / health support to the site leadership team and the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) ) Contractor's organization. In some cases, responsibilities may extend to other Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) ) issues, status, and metrics.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, Level 3:
* Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
* Review designs for new projects and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
* Respond to emergency situations and incidents either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
* Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
* Act as a mentor to other loss prevention professionals.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent preferred
* Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
* Extensive knowledge of security processes and procedures
* Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
* Prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment required
* Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods
* Demonstrated ability (through past project successes) to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
* Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
* Must be fit for duty for a construction field environment (examples include uneven, unpaved walking surfaces, large structures that are accessible only via ladders or stairs, standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, reaching, and other physical demands)
* Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities
* Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
* No training will be provided (other than the company's specific safety standards and procedures)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.