Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position is in Anadarko's Offshore Oil and Gas Division as a member of the International Deepwater Project Management Team in The Woodlands, TX office. This position will provide Electrical Engineering expertise to offshore teams on capital projects and field operations. This position will work closely with field staff and consulting engineers to support projects.
- 8+ years of experience in offshore Electrical Engineering, emphasis on topsides design engineering and offshore operations
- In-depth knowledge of electrical engineering principles and the ability to reflect them in engineering projects from conceptual to detailed engineering phase
- Experience in specification of medium and low voltage electrical distribution systems, Switchgear, Transformers and MCCs
- Ability to review drawings, make changes to existing drawings, and develop designs
- Ability to work with a team to troubleshoot and resolve offshore electrical challenges
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong ability to respond to questions quickly or change work direction quickly
- Ability to learn from experiences and know how to celebrate success with all involved
- Serve in a Subject Mater Expert role for offshore oil and gas operations
- Integrate with both the project facilities team and operations team
- Lead/direct consultants
- Assist in field construction support
- Develop, update and review project electrical specifications to support both brownfield and greenfield projects
- Support interfaces between topsides, marine, drilling, subsea, operations and regulatory
- Lead the Management of Change process for electrical changes
- Project support with respect to scoping, design review, inspection and commissioning of new electrical equipment; review of design packages for compliance with industry and company standards.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience
Professional Engineering License in Texas
Valid driver's license without restrictions that would prohibit driving a Company vehicle
Current HUET (Helicopter Underwater Egress Training)
Current SafeGulf Training
The position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
Percentage of travel required for this position is 10 to 15%, including traveling to offshore locations
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.