Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Batangas, Calabarzon, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- The Mechanical Static Engineer will provide mechanical engineering technical support to producing assets and small projects in Shell Tabangao Refinery, specifically on matters relating to the selection, specification, construction, performance, integrity, reliability, fitness for service and repair of piping, piping components, relief valves, pressure vessels, and storage tanks.
- The Mechanical Static Engineer will also perform inspection engineering activities in cases of Inspection Engineer unavailability.
- Support the Tabangao Goal Zero Renewal safety program. Actively participate in site HSSE initiatives. Regularly attend and participate in weekly Engineering & Maintenance Safety Toolbox Meetings. Perform monthly Safe Act Audits (SAA) or LOD1 process safety audits as per agreed schedules.
- Provide specialist mechanical engineering support in resolving day-to-day issues of running assets (e.g., piping and piping components, fired equipment, pressure vessels, storage facilities) in Tabangao Refinery.
- Provide technical advice and approve all mechanical modifications to static equipment to ensure legal, DEP, best practices and relevant standards compliance via the site Management of Change (MOC) process. Perform both MOC initiator and technical approver roles for plant changes as necessary.
- Perform or review mechanical design calculations for piping, vessels, columns, tanks, and heat exchangers as part of asset support or project work (using PV Elite, Code Calc, Disasu or other related software) for both asset and small project work.
- Perform or review the piping design and related mechanical calculations such as stress, strain, and flexibility check for both asset and small project work.
- Perform or review relief system design (locations of relief device, PRD installation, sparing, interlock sequence, piping design), relief device sizing and selection in accordance to relevant codes, recommended practices and best available engineering practice for both asset and small project work.
- Perform or review fitness-for-service (FFS) assessments using Shell FFS or API 579 methodology in order to establish whether static equipment with existing integrity issues is safe to operate.
- Drive sustainable development and reliable execution of the site Total Flange Assurance (TFA) program in coordination with the Maintenance team and the general maintenance contractor. Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for TFA in Tabangao Refinery.
- Perform Project Integrator role for AI/MM projects that address static equipment integrity issues.
- Perform a Mechanical Static Engineering SME/Technical Authority (TA3) role for small projects.
- Review existing Tabangao piping classes and produce regular gap assessments vs new Shell DEP revisions, and propose modifications to the existing site piping classes if needed. Review and approve deviations from piping class for all maintenance and small project work.
- To analyze and improve the mechanical static engineering aspects of asset performance and the implementation of associated best practices and new technologies in the Mechanical Static Engineering discipline.
- Perform inspection engineering activities in the Process & utility area in cases of Inspection Engineer unavailability.
Shell has been present in the Philippines since 1914 and today employs more than 3,000 people. Shell's diversity of operations in the Philippines attracts world-class graduates and experienced professionals alike. Our commitment to your career and learning is evidenced by our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled access to a local and global pool of experts. Innovation is imbedded in our working culture, and you will benefit from our drive to help you succeed and unlock your potential. The Shell companies in the Philippines (SciP) include various companies operating in oil and gas exploration, production, oil refining, distribution and sales to consumers. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC) refines, blends, transports and sells a wide range of high quality fuels, lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen and other specialty oil-based products. It operates a 93-thousand barrels per day refinery, 22 oil depots across the country and over 970 retail stations nationwide.
- B.Sc. graduate of Mechanical, Metallurgical or Materials Engineering
- Willing to be based in Batangas City
- Minimum three (3) years' work experience in the Oil & Gas industry as a Mechanical Engineer or Inspection Engineer, or in an Engineering Design company as a Piping Engineer or Static Equipment Engineer
- Well-versed with piping and pressure vessel design codes
- Experience with engineering design and analysis software (e.g. Caesar II, PV Elite, CodeCalc, FE Pipe, etc)
- Knowledge in the different type of NDT techniques, applicable codes and acceptance criteria
- Knowledge in reviewing different types of temporary repairs as per ASME PCC-2
- Experience in the integration of inputs from different personnel as part of a task or deliverable
- Proficient in the following engagement skills:
- Stakeholder management
- Strong team player
- Influencing skills
- Delivering through others
- Building relationships
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video