Doha, Doha, Qatar
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Skills: Safety Officer
Other Skills: Nebosh,
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: India
- Ensure that the provisions of the Seafox Management System are complied with.
- Ensure that the provisions of the Seafox policies, procedures, and guidance are complied with and all work is properly planned, risk assessed and carried out in a safe and efficient manner according to the Permit to Work System.
- Assist the Master/OIM in day to day HSE related matters and in preventing/controlling as per the units Safety Case
- Observe, coach and facilitate preparations of project-related activities in the area of health, safety, and environment.
- Stop any unsafe work and inform the Master/ OIM.
- Ensure that minutes of all safety committee meetings are accessible to all crew.
INVESTIGATION, INSPECTION, AND RECOMMENDATION
- Investigate incidents and near misses that occurred on board in cooperation with the Master/OIM.
- Investigate any potential hazards to occupational health and safety.
- Investigate any serious complaints by crew members regarding occupational health and safety.
- Carry out occupational health and safety inspections on workplaces (once every three months or more, in case the working conditions have changed).
- Make recommendations to the Master to prevent (the recurrence) of incidents.
- Make representations and/ or recommendations to the master regarding any deficiencies in the vessel in case of:
- Any legislative requirement relating to occupational health and safety.
- Any relevant Shipping Notice.
- Any provision of the code of Safe Working Practices.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE
- Ensures compliance with current IMO environmental regulations.
- Implements relevant procedures and waste management plans associated with the ABS guide for the environmental protection notation for offshore units, floating installations, lifeboats and IMO environmental regulations.
- Maintains relevant environment related logs and records.
- Implement the Company's safety and environmental protection policies on board regarding waste segregation, emissions to air, and prevention of spills.
- Trains and informs personnel on relevant environmental practices and procedures and motivates the crew to observe the Company's environmental policy and programs.
- Carry out drills, audits, and checks on safety equipment if so required by the Master or Chief Officer.
- Perform duties as required in case of an emergency and participating in emergency response drills.
The Safety Officer on board of the unit can be assigned additional roles. The roles are associated with the Safety Officer function and may require additional training.