Skills: Pipeline Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baytown, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of CPL Pipeliner 1 located in Baytown, TX Texas / United States through February 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Overview of Position:
Pipeliners are qualified on specific job duties and can independently perform routine maintenance and/or pipeline operations skills for an assigned pipeline system or system segment. All Pipeliners are expected to be able to perform all of the Key Job Responsibilities and other operations and maintenance duties as assigned by supervisor. Pipeliners coordinate their own work and work with other team members or contractors in performing daily operations and maintenance work processes. They act on their own initiative to identify and correct work place hazards, unsafe practices, security violations or environmental concerns. Pipeliners may act as a field team liaison with Subject Matter Experts and perform link pin or link pin type responsibilities. Pipeliners use quality tools and methods to make independent decisions in performing daily work. Pipeliners maintain a minimum of Hazwoper Level III and Level V certification, and possess a demonstrable knowledge of emergency response procedures, gained from either hypothetical drills or actual experience.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in a variety of operational, mechanical, technical, and electrical tasks as required.
- Operate and service motor vehicles in support of pipeline activities.
- Assist in a variety of operating skills tasks which may include setting and verifying valve and manifold line-ups, maintaining and cleaning equipment, changing orifice plates and blinds, meter proving, monitoring the cathodic protection systems.
- Perform routine housekeeping in shop, field and control room work areas.
- May perform limited carpentry, masonry, painting and insulating work.
- Clear, mark and maintain right-of-ways including identifying encroachments, marking lines, clearing brush, and painting markers. Perform routine compliance inspections.
- Assist with performing a variety of functions for third party excavations near assigned facilities including; line-marking, line riding, witnessing line crossings to ensure our facilities are protected, performing basic pipeline coating repair and documenting appropriate data.
- Assist with inspecting pipeline crossings (exposed pipe) and third-party crossings.
- Assist with the launching and receiving of pigs.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assist other team members in conducting hypothetical drills.
- Inspect fire and other safety equipment and systems to ensure that they are maintained and operational.
- Perform basic safety duties such as fire-watch and safety monitor.
- Maintain and assist with minor repairs to pipelines and pipeline equipment.
- Assist with simple lockout/tagout procedures for piping and equipment repairs.
- Learn and use basic SAP-PM functions including accessing and reviewing their work and creating notifications.
- Visually inspect the condition of equipment and pipelines to ensure that equipment is running within design limits and is properly maintained.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned by Management:
- The location of pipeline facilities, manifolds, block valves and right-of-ways of assigned pipeline system or system segment(s)
- Basic quality, tools, and methods and the concepts of customer focus and business profit orientation
- Basic math, computer, data collection and information management systems skills and techniques
- Routine operation and maintenance skills associated with assigned pipeline system(s) or system segment
- Basic technical principles associated with routine operation and maintenance skills of assigned pipeline system or system segment(s)
- Exhibit safety related behaviors consistent with Chevron Pipe Line's culture
- Prior to performing any DOT covered tasks, must meet DOT requirements for operator qualification.
- Hazwoper Level III & V certification required. If not currently certified, must become certified within 1 year of hire, and certifications must be maintained.
- Valid Driver's License Required- No DWI/DUI 3 years. No more than 1 moving violation in past 2 years. DMV records will be checked.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' pipeline or industry related experience.
- Work experience in operations (particularly pipeline operations), or in a military environment preferred
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.