Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: The Fixed Asset Staff Accountant is responsible for day to day transactions concerning the companies' property, plant and equipment. This position is responsible for the retirements, acquisitions, and reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts on a day to day basis. Conducts asset audits and utilizes accounting skills to track, process, and research accounting processes/problems.
Reports to: Manager
Directs Reports: None
Major duties (at least 10% of time, in descending order of importance):
- Fixed Asset audits
- Familiarity with AFE's (Authority for Expenditure)
- Process equipment retirement requests
- Process month end closing for AFE's
- Familiar with Amortization Schedules
- Experience with Lease Contracts
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Journal Entries-able to prepare, record and review journals
- Familiar with calculating depreciation
- Ability to research and problem solve
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of SEC
- ?Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- ?Strong written and verbal communications??
- Knowledge of well servicing equipment essential
- Excellent computer skills to include Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Knowledge of well servicing equipment essential
- 2-5 years in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of SAP software
- Sitting for 8 - 10 hours a day
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- Infrequent light physical effort 10-15 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Indoor office environment
- Corporate office environment
- High volume fast paced work
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment