Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for an experienced Sourcing Professionals - Chemicals to join our strategic sourcing team (Chemicals division) based in Houston. Part of a global team, the role will report directly to Sourcing/ Category Manager and collaborates closely with other Supply Chain and business units, to effectively implement/ manage the sourcing of the global chemicals portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Executes sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions
- Develops action plans, timelines and resource assignments for sourcing projects
- Monitors sourcing/re-negotiation projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply for all portfolios
- Select and/or maintain a high-performance supply base
- Leads the RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership
- Leads supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, selection, performance management and development
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives
- Leads the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Supply Chain contract specialist
- Allocates product demand across suppliers and in line with the Global Category Strategy and the Global Supplier Management Strategy
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Chemical Engineering, or Business Administration
- Minimum 3 years Sourcing experience in the sourcing of Chemicals for the O&G sector
- Excellent verbal and written English, additional language is a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proven time and project management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- High attention to details
- Goals oriented and work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiencies: SAP, Microsoft (Excel, Power Point), data analysis tools
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.