Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Chief Mechanic is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment on the rig, and for managing the mechanics team. Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities in this role. The position reports to the Offshore Maintenance Supervisor.
Successful Chief Mechanics learn and adapt quickly to problems and new situations, they pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, and use logic to solve problems with effective solutions. They are good listeners and can communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients. They work well independently and within a team and are committed to continuous improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complies fully with all QHSE requirements, policies and standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Completes formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects and participates in QHSE audits.
- Obtains certifications required for duties assigned.
- Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order according to standards and reports any problems or deviations.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment on the rig and in the camp.
- Is fully familiar with preventive maintenance programs.
- Writes analytical reports.
- Supports the development of employees and acts as a mentor.
- Sets annual objectives for subordinate employees and reviews them periodically.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Industrial mechanics certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum five years' field experience with similar equipment working on an offshore drilling rig.
- Has the required proficiency level for the position based on the company competency catalog.
- Fluent in Portuguese and good in English
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.