Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show you exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Mechanical Engineer III.
The Mechanical Engineer III designs and develops new products using sound engineering principles. He/she proposes modifications and solutions to problems with existing products. The mechanical engineer performs various engineering calculations including stress analysis. He/She creates bills of material and assembly instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Model mechanical design concepts using 3D Parametric software
• Perform engineering calculations as required.
• Perform Finite Element Analysis as needed.
• Check drawings produced by designers and drafters
• Prepare assembly instructions
• Prepare bills of material
• Provide technical support to Quality, Manufacturing and Marketing
• Interface with vendors and provide technical support
• Participate in company safety meetings and safety awareness
• Perform tolerance stack-up verification
• Other duties maybe assigned
This job has supervisory responsibilities of other engineers, designers or drafters working or a project.
• Engineering expertise - machine design, strength of materials, metallurgy, thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid power.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solid Edge, Solid Works and Inventor.
• Knowledge of MathCAD, FEA Solid Works simulation or ANSYS.
• Knowledge of drilling engineering principles, drilling practices and drilling rigs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (or equiv.) in mechanical engineering with 10-12 years relevant engineering experience
• Master degree in mechanical engineering with 8-10 relevant years engineering experience
• Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
• Ability to effectively present technical information, to colleagues, customers and vendors.
• As per mechanical engineering degree requirements.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• AutoCAD, Math Cad, Solid Edge, Solid Works, Solid Works Simulation, ANSYS and Inventor.
• Manufacturing/Inventory software
• Spreadsheet and word processor software
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Driver License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Valid passport
• Domestic and international travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme cold and heat.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.