Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under broad direction, supervises others either directly or through subordinate supervisors and/or team leaders. Develops, prioritizes and justifies various projects, processes and/or initiatives supporting strategic direction. Determines tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting. Participates in setting strategic direction. Manages performance and salaries of staff by hiring, firing, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and mentoring for career and skills development, and arranging training. Leads a cross functional, cross department or cross center team in developing, prioritizing and justifying various corporate projects, PSL projects and/or initiatives (e.g., standards, best practices, lessons learned). Possesses broad understanding of business aspects and associated technology of the PSL. Supports reliability analysis and promotes optimum use of development tools and standards during the design process. Incorporates project management techniques in all job processes. Job role is independently accountable for a large staff or support arm of the organization or a single profit/loss or revenue center, major product line, or support function.
Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Material Science, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree, and minimum of 13 years of experience or through equivalent work experience. Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer. Agile experience is a plus.
Software Development Manager
- Standardization of software engineering practices for HDS projects
- Document guidelines & best practices ?
- Quick start guide based on assessment of existing software development programs in Halliburton ?
- Providing training on software development best practices
- Lead team reviews of software development for all Halliburton software ?
- Consultation and written feedback from Halliburton software development community ?
- Create a process for reviewing software development plans before project kick offs ?
- Lead a software development community across Halliburton
- Lead the software development teams on 3 programs in Halliburton Digital Solutions
Software Quality (Test) Manager
- Standardization of quality (testing) software for HDS projects
- Document guidelines & best practices ?
- Quick start guide based on assessment of existing software quality programs in Halliburton ?
- Providing training on software quality best practices
- Lead team reviews of software quality for all Halliburton software ?
- Consultation and written feedback from Halliburton software quality community ?
- Create a process for reviewing quality plans before project kick offs ?
- Lead a software quality community across Halliburton
- Lead the quality teams on 3 programs in Halliburton Digital Solutions
User Experience Manager
- Standardization of look and feel of software, how users use software, and connectivity of workflows based on user feedback
- Create user experience catalogue and ways of interacting to make it easier to reuse across PSLs
- Organize and collaborate to form a center of excellence for user experience
- Lead team reviews of UX for all Halliburton software ?
- Consultation and written feedback from Halliburton UX community ?
- Create a process for reviewing UX before project kick offs ?
- Lead a UX community across Halliburton
- Lead the UX community on 3 programs in Halliburton Digital Solutions
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 69991
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.