Skills: Document Control
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Minimum Grade 12 education plus 4 - 5 years combination of applicable post-secondary education and related experience working in an engineering environment and/or with engineering documents
- Proficiency with computer programs (MS suite)
- Experience with SmartPlant Foundation would be an asset
- Experience with MicroStation would be an asset
- Experience with SAP would be an asset
- Experience with SharePoint would be an asset
- Experience with Iron Mountain Connect would also be an asset.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail ensuring data integrity
- Strong interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to deliver results within a team environment, and individually, with minimal supervision
Job Duties to include, but not limited to:
* Process hard copy documentation to be sent to Iron Mountain for storage and track it via Iron Mountain Connect.
* Collaborate with other departments to gather documentation for scanning into electronic format.
* Data entry and other electronic organizational task, primarily utilizing Microsoft Excel.
* Transport boxes between the File Room and other locations via dolly.
* Backup document control colleagues as needed.
* Distribute and/or file drawing updates (P&IDs, piping isometrics, loop drawings, etc.)
* Perform specialized document searches.
* Transmit documents to other departments and companies as required.
* Potentially, other documentation tasks may be identified and added to this position.
* Position requires great attention to detail, ability to work well in a team atmosphere, proficient in Microsoft Office products (primarily Excel) and Adobe Pro, and capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
Future duties may include:
* Support Capital Projects; including creation of Engineering Data Management (EDM) Plans
* Create/modify equipment files in SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) and the Engineering Library
* Audit and process documents submitted to SPF workflows
* Track and issue change management documents within Engineering department for Expense work; process and file all documentation when work is complete
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.