Skills: ROV Ops / Tech
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Work both Offshore and at Company's sites onshore.
Work in harsh environments.
Willingness to travel to all regional work sites within Europe is a must with the possibility of West Africa, Middle East, Caspian Sea etc. on occasion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To pilot the ROV system as directed by the ROV Supervisor, to carry out survey, inspection or work tasks for the client at offshore work locations.
- To perform planned maintenance and repair tasks on ROV units ancillary equipment as required by regulations, Company and Client procedures.
- To ensure that they are conversant with any equipment that they are to use during the dive and that it is operational.
- Familiarising themselves with all relevant task or inspection procedures prior to diving, so that correct methods are employed to gather data so that all relevant data is reported.
- To conduct pre/post dive checks, assist in deployment and recovery of ROV with adherence to Company's Quality Assurance, Safety and operational procedures.
- To assist the Pilot of the vehicle in observation of video, monitoring of survey equipment and operation of vehicle tooling systems.
- To conduct a high quality, informative commentary of ROV operations onto video tape for presentation to Client.
- To maintain familiarity with Client data recording/reporting requirements and specifications for the operational activities which are being conducted in order to enhance quality of data capture.
Safe Operating Procedures
- Demonstrate understanding and use of proper communications during deck operations including launch and recovery of system.
- Understand procedures and checklists associated with a launch and recovery operation.
- Discuss environmental limitations associated with launch and recovery operations.
- Ability to use computer based paperwork relating to operations of ROV operations.
- Maintenance of written and video logs.
- Ability to identify and describe operations of hydraulic components on a typical ROV system.
- Ability to identify and describe operations of electrical components on a typical ROV system.
- Ability to identify boards found in the telemetry can and describe function.
- Ability to describe functions of major subsea structures.
- Describe application of each tool supplied with the ROV system as part of its normal load out.
- Install each tool and test on deck.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyses information skilfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assess own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organisational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organisation's goals and values. Benefits organisation through outside activities. Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily. Undertakes self development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Ability to locate all relevant health, safety and quality procedures at the worksite.
- Ability to conduct daily safety meetings
- Capable of completing Oceaneering HSE forms i.e. BBSM, Incident Investigation, JSEA/Risk assessments and Lockout/Tag out.
- Provide safety instructions to Junior Technicians.
- Ability to identify workplace hazards, the risk associated with each and use of PPE to mitigate the risks.
Teamwork & Co-operation
- Establishment and maintenance of good working relationships with immediate team members.
- Ability to recognise personal limitations and request assistance from others when necessary.
- Ability to recognise a potential or actual emergency situation and report it accordingly.
- Understanding of company/client emergency procedures.
- Describes in detail own role in emergency situations and that of ROV co-workers.
- Ability to provide basic mentoring to trainees.
Piloting Skills/Navigational Ability
- Fly an ROV to the worksite utilising proper tether management.
- Is able to describe the function of standard ROV controls and can demonstrate their use in navigating the ROV.
- Direct pilot by providing range and bearing information.
- Can describe differences between responder and transponder operation.
- Perform simple task using manipulators.
- Ability to operate ROV without direct supervision.
- Ability to navigate CTAG through diagnostic pages.
- Ability to troubleshoot a basic hydraulic/electrical problem as posed by an assessor.
- Carry out planned maintenance as needed, including completion of appropriate documentation.
- Preparation of work area.
- Ability to use system isolations as required at the work area.
- Perform group fault checks.
- Ability to troubleshoot a basic hydraulic/electrical problem as posed by an assessor.
- Use all relevant tools/test equipment for work to be undertaken.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily .The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Education and/or Experience
Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in Electronic/Electrical or Mechanical/Hydraulic Engineering and/or recognised Trade Apprenticeship in similar discipline. (P)
Valid Offshore Medical
Valid Offshore Survival
Completed all requirements for ROV Junior Technician and have 100 hours piloting and two evaluations.
Proven track record in supervising Offshore ROV Operations in one or more of the following:
Construction Projects (P)
Drill Support (P)
Workclass ROV Systems (E) Magnum, Triton, Eyeball Systems, Triton XL, Trojan,Super Scorpio (P) Intervention Tooling: -TDU (P)
Torque Tools (P)
Injection Skids/Pumps (P)
3 Phase HVAC Distribution Systems (P)
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.