Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Priority 1 - Immediate need
Night Lease Operator
Sidney Corporate Office
Role Information: (key responsibilities and accountabilities of the role)
Functional Manager/Discipline Head: Pumping ManagerLine Manager: Leasing SupervisorFunction:Operate power pumps and auxiliary equipment to produce flow of oil or gas from wells in oil field. This position will be to work nights 7 on/ 7 off.
Job Specification: (including geographic spread, direct reports etc)
• Monitor control panels to ensure that materials are being pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration.
• Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
• Repair gas and oil meters and gauges.
• Unload and assemble pipes and pumping equipment, using hand tools.
• Attach pumps and hoses to wellheads.
• Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
• Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to re-pressurize them and force oil to surface.
• Supervise oil pumpers and other workers engaged in producing oil from wells.
Responsible for: (including supervisory/managerial duties, health & safety responsibilities)
• Ensuring "safety first " culture is followed
• Well sites are maintained in a manner preventing any spills
• Oil and water is hauled or sent down pipeline to prevent tanks from running over
Yes No Does this job have supervisory responsibilities?
Yes No Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job?
How many employees are directly supervised by this job? 0
Interpersonal Skills: (e.g. oral, verbal & written communication; language skills, reasoning skills)
Language Skills: Basic Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively communicate verbally to others.
Mathematical Skills: Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Basic Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
Technical/Business Skills, Experience, and Training:
(e.g. project management methodologies, negotiating terms & conditions, cost models, etc.)
• Computer skills• Production Experience
Education, Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations: (desirable/required)High School diploma
Basic Computer Skills: Use personal computer hardware and software to perform basic tasks to convey and retrieve information via email and the internet.
Intermediate Computer Skills: Uses Microsoft Office Suite to perform a variety of tasks.
Specialized Computer Skills: Uses specialized desktop publishing or custom applications to publish documents or manage large amounts of data.
Strength and Force: (Strength and force represent the minimal requirements)
1) Sedentary < 10 lbs. of force
Frequently Occasionally Rarely
2) Light < 25 lbs. of force
Frequently Occasionally Rarely
3) Medium < 50 lbs. of force
Frequently Occasionally Rarely
Physical Demands: (please select the demands that account for more than 1/3 of time while on the job)
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Climb or balance
Stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
Taste or smell
Work Environment: N/A
(please select the type of environment this position will be exposed more than 1/3 of the time while on the job)Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
Work near moving mechanical parts
Work in high, precarious places
Fumes or airborne particles
Toxic or caustic chemicals
Outdoor weather conditionsExtreme cold (non-weather)
Extreme heat (non-weather)
Risk of electrical shock
Work with explosives
Risk of radiation
Noise Environment: (please select the amount of noise for this job)
Very quiet conditions (e.g. forest trail, isolation booth)
Quiet conditions (e.g. library, private office)
Moderate noise (e.g. business office, light traffic)
Loud noise (e.g. metal can manufacturing, working near earth-moving equipment)
Very loud noise (e.g. jack hammer work, front row at a rock concert)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Lease Operator to join our team in Midland Texas. You will be responsible for maintaining onshore oil and gas properties.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Perform basic to intermediate level pumping skills which include but not limited to: tank gauging, the proper operation of heater/treaters and 3 phase separators, and all attendant valve and oil seals and seal records. Ability to repair equipment as needed
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations, monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments, monitor chemical use, and test safety systems daily; maximize daily production
- Operate properties to ensure all regulatory, environmental and safety compliance issues and goals are met
- Daily production reporting and scheduling of oil and produced water movement
- Seek ways to reduce direct lease operating expenses by noting problems and/or recommending courses of actions to supervisor
- Operate wells and artificial lift methods to optimize production
- Work on all types of production equipment, pump valves, treater dump valves, gas regulators, etc. Identify potential problems
- Monitor chemical and lubricating oil usage at wells
- Various other field related activities as required by supervisor
- Operate a vehicle safely in all weather conditions
Skills/ Experience/ Training:
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge/experience in production and artificial lift operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations
- Must organize and plan daily work schedule. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends
- Safety sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol screening
- Valid driver's license and clean record
- Work will require standing, stooping, walking, climbing tank stairs, carrying instruments weighing up to 80 pound
- Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years of experience
- Flowing back wells and or pumping experience
- Work schedule of 10/4
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.