Skills: CAD / CAM
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stonehouse, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
A permanent role based in Gloucester as a Mechanical CAD Designer.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- To carry out assigned CAD technical duties with abilities to create and assess new designs.
- Reporting directly to Engineering Team Leader.
- Working closely with Engineering team on a daily basis
- Completes procedures and generates drawings and/or designs that are semi-routine in nature.
- Analyzes data and insures that the product, process and/or designs conforms to the specifications or performance guidelines and learns and uses Company engineering drafting standards.
- Conducts fairly complex troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing drawing or design defects.
- Retrieves and archives information using Company engineering records system (i.e. drawings, specifications, standards).
- Structure and produces Bills of Materials (BOM) and creates Engineering Change Notices (ECN), manages files and facilitates the release of the product to manufacturing.
- Helps test designs, records and file test results and makes drawing changes as indicated by test results.
- Interfaces with vendors to obtain project supplies in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Records and files test results and makes drawing changes as indicated by test results.
- Prepares reports on test results, instructions for installation of kits, and drafts of operating instructions.
- Observes safety regulations and wears all required safety equipment. (Continuous requirement)
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Recognised time served apprenticeship in mechanical engineering and/or experience in a similar designer role.
- Working knowledge of ProE and AutoCAD or similar 2D & 3D packages.
- Proven experience of engineering / manufacturing processes.
- In depth knowledge of ISO drafting standards, experience in ASME is appreciated.
- Ability to perform basic calculations related to design assessment (tolerance stack etc)
1. THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Recording and filing test reports, creating BOMs, ECNs, Requests for Engineering Action (REA), maintenance of the existing product line and mechanical drafting standards
- Entering and extracting data from the Company databases
- Company policies and procedures, health, safety, and environment policies.
2. GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Mechanical CAD principles, quality control practices (use of tolerance, inspection), engineering product file structure, setting up of a project (BDR), writing test and inspection reports.
- Department and plant orientation
3. BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Basic design calculations (burst, collapse & tensile etc.), types and uses of threads and pressure seals, material selection and properties, hydraulic principles, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read, understands, and generates technical instructions, material lists, mechanical drawings, and/or hydraulic diagrams.
- Above-average ability to work with speed and accuracy, use mechanical reasoning, and work well with others; above-average oral communication and organizational skills.
- Average ability to think and reason, solve problems, and read with speed and comprehension, work in spreadsheet/database programs and specialized Company programs; average written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret basic instructions for the assembly of materials, technical specifications, testing equipment, part numbers, and write capping and crushing targets.
- Ability to apply basic arithmetic operations and compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Communicates effectively with the team.
- Informs line manager of any problems, and recommends possible solutions.
- Participates in material and equipment problem solving.
- Ability to take direction and also use own initiative as required
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.