Skills: Maintenance Manager, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron (Thailand) Ltd.is a subsidiary wholly owned of Chevron Corporation, the third largest global energy company in terms of global oil reserves, and the fourth largest in terms of global oil and natural gas production.
Established in 1948, Chevron (Thailand) Ltd. has been serving retail and commercial customers in Thailand for over a half a century through its Caltex brand. The company has a nationwide network of approximately 400 retail outlets. It distributes various fuels, including premium and regular gasohol, unleaded gasoline and diesel. Additionally, the company markets and distributes an extensive range of quality lubricants, including automotive engine oil and industrial lubricants.
Chevron (Thailand) Ltd. is accepting online applications for the position of Team Lead, Maintenance and Construction located in Bangkok, Thailand through February 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and Construction (M&C) activities for retail service stations within Thailand and Cambodia
- Manage construction activities; coordinating with Property team, Design team and Project team on new site construction, knock-down rebuild, site improvement, etc.
- Oversee maintenance works; both Preventive Maintenance and ad hoc repair, done by Contractors
- Run capital expense (CAPEX) projects; including budget planning, contractor management, project execution, until a smooth hand-over of facilities to the operational group
- Control maintenance and construction expenses (OPEX). Identify/implement continuous improvement on safety, reliability and costs
- Contractor management
- Work with Procurement Department to manage purchasing agreements; starting from scope of work development, sourcing, contract administration, purchase ordering until payment
- Steward contractor's performance to meet Company's expectation on Safety, Reliability and Costs
- Develop Procurement's Annual Contracting Plan (ACP) to establish a sourcing strategy for planned activities
- Handle plant, property, and equipment inventory for Company's assets in SAP system
- Ensure maintenance and construction works are delivered according to Company's OE/HES (Operational Excellence / Health, Environmental and Safety) requirement
- Deploy OE/HES guidance to both internal and external work groups
- Collaborate with OE/HES Department to ensure all Company's guidelines are followed. This is including but not limited to Contractor's HES Management, Process Safety Management, Managing Safe Works, Risk Management, Management of Change, Loss Prevention System, Incident Investigation and Reporting and Compliance Assurance
- Work with Retail Marketing, C&I and Environmental Management Company (EMC) to complete Risk Assessment for site closures and divestments
- Lead M&C team which consists of 5 M&C Specialists and 2 M&C Analyst in Thailand and Cambodia
- Supervises direct reports to deliver according to their agreed Performance Management Process (PMP), periodically reviews the individual performance and provides supports/resources as required
- Provides coaching and training resources. Establishes the development plan for the team members to close competency gaps
- At least Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferably in Civil, Mechanical or electrical)
- Minimum 10 years of direct experiences in maintenance and construction of retail petrol service stations or chemical/energy facilities
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical & mechanical equipment including but not limited to underground storage tanks, fueling systems, convenience store and other facilities (i.e. auto tank gauging, vapor recovery, fire-fighting, plumbing, drainage systems and POS systems)
- Familiar with statutory requirements for constructing, maintaining and operating petrol service stations/energy or chemical facilities
- Able to manage Contractors to meet Company's requirement on Health, Environment and Safety
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects within assigned scope, timeframe and budget
- Able to supervise the Maintenance and Construction team as well as to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, fluent in English is required (with at least 750 TOEIC score)
- Mobility to sites within Thailand and Cambodia
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.