Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Chevron Shipping Corporate Affairs Advisorlocated in San Ramon, CA through February 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Corporate Affairs advisor for Chevron Shipping Company (CSC) will provide broad support to the organization in the areas of communication, internal and external stakeholder management, and social investment services. This is a newly created position in Chevron Shipping Company based in San Ramon reporting to the Corporate Affairs manager for CSC.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to Chevron Shipping Company (CSC) in the areas of communication, public affairs and project management.
- Develop internal and external messaging to grow and protect CSC's reputation and ensure an engaged and high-performance culture.
- Support implementation of Stakeholder Engagement Issues Management (SEIM) process and stakeholder engagement plans to ensure productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Support emergency response preparedness efforts.
- Develop and implement social investment and community contributions program.
- Take all required training and fulfills all required compliance training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Public Relations or similar field of study
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and experience developing a wide variety of content using various mediums/channels.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and ability to produce a large amount of high-quality output with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communication and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, build consensus and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary environments, and interact effectively with management, peers and key internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential internal and external stakeholder relationships that foster business results.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Express ideas or thoughts clearly and logically both orally and in writing.
- Travel to project sites, as required.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.