Experience: 3 + Years
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She reports to the Analytical Services Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducts scientific research under general supervision, typically in support of an overall research project.
- Employs standard scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Makes independent decisions on routine issues and methods and recommends scientific approaches and solutions.
- Coordinates/communicates work efforts within the E&M Organization and has external contacts.
- Has a deep understanding in own area of scientific expertise and works to expand breadth of technical knowledge.
- Is respected as a leading scientific expert within a Center.
- Interacts with other Schlumberger Engineers and Scientists worldwide in domain of expertise.
- May coordinate specialty across product lines in a Center.
- May supervise support staff/interns and/or coordinate the technical work of others.
- Publishes scientific papers, applies for patents and attends conferences.
- Promotes teamwork, communication and sharing of information among projects involving domain of expertise.
- Reviews and stimulates efforts of Scientists and support Staff.
- Is an active mentor within the Technical Community.
- Participates in recruiting and/or university relations, and orientation of new Scientists.
- Review and comply with Schlumberger and E&M Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Review laboratory Aspects and Impacts list and Occupational Health responsibilities.
- Review laboratory Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis prior to all job tasks.
- If a Health, Safety or Environmental event is observed on Schlumberger and / or customer location, immediate action shall be taken by the observer, report it and initiate corrective or preventive action processes. Any violations of the Health, Safety or Environmental rules may involve not only liabilities on the part of company but may create personal liabilities. Violation of the rules could result in loss of job, civil or criminal prosecutions.
- Always be mindful of physical and health hazards in the workplace, immediately notify your supervisor of health, safety or environmental problems.
- Remind or correct fellow employees working or acting in an unsafe manner. Never ignore unsafe acts or allow them to continue.
- Carry out activities as defined in R&E System Manual, Procedures, and relevant documents. Actively participate in training and strive to satisfy objectives and targets and excel in customer satisfaction
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD Degree in Chemistry/ related sciences. Experience may substitute for formal education with the approval of the applicable Group Leader or Manager.
- Minimum three years' related experience in Analytical testing and interpretation.
- Competencies to be kept current:
- Technical Understanding: Detailed understanding of own discipline and understanding of its interaction with other disciplines.
- Solutions Experience: Develops client/product/project/research solutions.
- Input to Business Strategy: Contributes to technical strategy and planning.
- Mentor & Community Leadership: Mentors junior Eureka members; leads a technical group/community.
- Professional Visibility: Industry/ client/ professional society/ academic recognition throughout geographic spread of Geomarket/RDM center/WG Region or Product Line. Client may be internal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, databases, spreadsheets, writing technical reports and preparing technical presentations.
- Ability to make formal (written or verbal) recommendations based on results of studies.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active environment, lifting, standing for a reasonable period of time.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.