Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified an Electrical Engineer III.
The Electrical Engineer designs, develops, and improves new and existing products using sound engineering principles. He/she provides technical support to the Electrical Shop, testing, and electrical manufacturing. He/she also supports the field service department in troubleshooting Drilling rig electrical control system problems. He/she creates bills of materials and assembly instructions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs development engineering, for both new and existing products
• Perform short circuit, voltage drop, and Arc flash studies
• Prepare assembly and schematic drawings
• Prepare bills of material
• Provide technical support to Quality, Manufacturing, and Marketing
• Interface with vendors and provide technical support
• Maintains product safety in all designs
• Participates in company safety meetings and safety awareness
• Performs design prototyping, including field implementation and testing
• Provides technical support to other departments and field service personnel
• Follows required regulatory codes
• Performs engineering calculations as required
• Prepares and reviews electrical product documentation
• Creates Engineering Masters in the Visual Manufacturing System.
• Other duties maybe assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with 2-4 years of electrical or controls and automation experience or equivalent.
• Master's degree in Electrical engineering with 1-3 years of electrical or controls and automation experience.
• 6 plus years of electrical or controls and automation experience or with Drilling Systems.
• Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
• Ability to effectively present technical information, to colleagues, customers and vendors.
• As per electrical engineering degree requirements.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Manufacturing/Inventory software
• Spreadsheet and word processor software
• PLC and HMI programming desired
• Visual Basic and Visual C++ a plus
• AutoCAD, Mathcad, Solid Works, Solid Works a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Driver License
• Valid passport
• Domestic and international travel may be required.
• Essential engineering expertise - electrical design, control systems, power generation, and system interface.
• General computer proficiency.
• Knowledge of drafting principles including CAD and PROMISE-E a plus.
• Knowledge of engineering software such as MatLab a plus.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance principles as it relates to manufacturing operation.
• Knowledge of oilfield regulatory requirements a plus.
• Design creativity.
• Understanding of patents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme cold and heat.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.